shifting help

bekel

hi i just got my driveshafts back from shop for being cut down to work with the prorock 60s put them in set the gear ratio from the 4.10 to the 5.13 with obd jscan my trail dash stopped working awhile ago went to take it for a test drive b4 it goes in for aliment monday and it will not shift out of 1st gear and all the abs lights came on i rechecked that the front sensors where at .020 they are. the only thing i can see wrong is the steering wheel is setting about 3 oclock but wasnt going to mess with that till the aliment shop on monday could it be causing it 2012 2 door jk rubicon auto

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hi i just got my driveshafts back from shop for being cut down to work with the prorock 60s put them in set the gear ratio from the 4.10 to the 5.13 with obd jscan my trail dash stopped working awhile ago went to take it for a test drive b4 it goes in for aliment monday and it will not shift out of 1st gear and all the abs lights came on i rechecked that the front sensors where at .020 they are. the only thing i can see wrong is the steering wheel is setting about 3 oclock but wasnt going to mess with that till the aliment shop on monday could it be causing it 2012 2 door jk rubicon auto
You're steering wheel being off will cause your ABS lights to go off being that it will think you are in a slide. Adjusting your drag link should take all of 5 minutes to do. Either way, that will NOT cause your problem. That said, it sounds like you are in limp mode. Did you make sure to set both gear ratio AND tire size? Just asking to make sure. If so, it sounds like you have a bad speed sensor or a bent tone ring.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You're steering wheel being off will cause your ABS lights to go off being that it will think you are in a slide. Adjusting your drag link should take all of 5 minutes to do. Either way, that will NOT cause your problem. That said, it sounds like you are in limp mode. Did you make sure to set both gear ratio AND tire size? Just asking to make sure. If so, it sounds like you have a bad speed sensor or a bent tone ring.
This. Happened to me before. Only a problem on an auto. Usually a rear sensor.

bekel

got the steering wheel centered the jscan will not clear the codes so i unhooked the batter an ziptied the ends together will see if that clears they in the morning 1 code for steering angle and 2 codes for both rear abs but the instructions only show adjustment for the front with the rear just being put in with the 1 small allen head
and i triple checked the jscan is showing the 5.13 gears and the 36" tires

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
got the steering wheel centered the jscan will not clear the codes so i unhooked the batter an ziptied the ends together will see if that clears they in the morning 1 code for steering angle and 2 codes for both rear abs but the instructions only show adjustment for the front with the rear just being put in with the 1 small allen head
and i triple checked the jscan is showing the 5.13 gears and the 36" tires
It’s not spacing on the rear. It’s a bad sensor.

bekel

It’s not spacing on the rear. It’s a bad sensor.
can they go bad just buy taking them out an putting in a different axle it all worked fine friday b4 i swapped axles got them put in over the weekend got the measurement for the drivelines got them back today an put in

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
can they go bad just buy taking them out an putting in a different axle it all worked fine friday b4 i swapped axles got them put in over the weekend got the measurement for the drivelines got them back today an put in
Doubtful but they are sensitive when moved I have found. I’ve had similar issues. Remove to change something then it goes wonky. They are cheap, I would swap them out.

bekel

so got the alinement done new rear abs sensors in, the abs lights are still on still showing rear on the codes and the little burn out light tire shop had no lucking figuring it out so setting up an appointment with the jeep dealer
did figure out the not shifting it wasnt excepting the programmer, used my buddys an it worked to switch from the 4.10 to the 5.13

bekel

so got it back today seams there was a pinched wire about 2 feet up the right side plug they said it probably been like that for a while and when i unplugged it off senor it moved it enough to show up

Top Bottom