Service Axle Locker System - Message

Lukdojo

Morning Gents,

I'm looking for more information regarding a random message I'm getting:
Service Axle Locker System

I pops on and off randomly. Sometimes for a few seconds and others for a few min.

Some recommend I bring it in to the dealership but I HATE going to the dealership. Is it just a lose wire or bad connector?
I cant seem to find any detail instructions on servicing it. I'm assuming it's just that one connector.

Thoughts?
Thanks!!!!!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Duh - Sorry!
Completely Stock suspension 2018 JLRU with 18k miles on it.

Few minor trails over the summer, no major rocks or damages.
Okay, that helps. Being that's the case, I would take your Jeep into the dealership and have them give it a look. It could be something as simple as a loose connection at one of your axles or FAD. But, it could also be a programming issue or your auxiliary battery dying. Better to have it on record with them just in case.

Lukdojo

Okay, that helps. Being that's the case, I would take your Jeep into the dealership and have them give it a look. It could be something as simple as a loose connection at one of your axles or FAD. But, it could also be a programming issue. Better to have it on record with them just in case.
thanks!!! Guess I have no choice but to bring it into the dreadful dealership.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks!!! Guess I have no choice but to bring it into the dreadful dealership.
LOL - I wouldn't say "no choice". You most certainly can fiddle around with things and maybe you'll find the problem. BUT, if you don't and end up having to go to the dealership, there's always the chance they'll ask you about why everything was fiddled around with and maybe even point the finger at you for causing the problem.

IaJeepGuy

There is a complete thread on this on another forum. There is a known issue with the locker position sensors. Good chance it could be that, and if it is; the last I read there are no parts and only fix is for dealers to replace the effected axle/s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is a complete thread on this on another forum. There is a known issue with the locker position sensors. Good chance it could be that, and if it is; the last I read there are no parts and only fix is for dealers to replace the effected axle/s.
Being that this may be a "known issue", going to the dealer to give it a look, IF ONLY to have a record of things is the best thing the OP can do. I believe that's what I had already suggested. I realize you may not have meant any harm but it's kinda sucks to direct people to "another forum" especially when the information really isn't that helpful and isn't needed to make the point.

rmiller31

If the sensor is your issue I believe America's most wanted has a sensor to fix it now. Mopar solution last I heard was a new rear axle.

That said I'd still take it to the dealer esp if your stock and under warranty like mentioned.

IaJeepGuy

Being that this may be a "known issue", going to the dealer to give it a look, IF ONLY to have a record of things is the best thing the OP can do. I believe that's what I had already suggested. I realize you may not have meant any harm but it's kinda sucks to direct people to "another forum" especially when the information really isn't that helpful and isn't needed to make the point.
I didn’t mean to direct to another forum. That’s why I did not post the forum. I was merely passing the info, and I agree it needs to be taken to the dealer. Also, I didn’t think we would be the type of group here to limits people’s knowledge to issues by putting blinders on like this is the only forum out there. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Why not pool resources?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn’t mean to direct to another forum. That’s why I did not post the forum. I was merely passing the info, and I agree it needs to be taken to the dealer.

*sigh* As I already said, I assumed you meant no harm. Being that there really was no need or benefit to adding the "another forum" in your post, maybe you could just leave it out next time. You know, to be polite.

Also, I didn’t think we would be the type of group here to limits people’s knowledge to issues by putting blinders on like this is the only forum out there. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Why not pool resources?

Unlike other forums that are owned by multi-million dollar corporations, this one is owned by me. As in, I pay for it to exists and allow people like you to use it free of charge. If you've got information you'd like to share, I'd be grateful if you did. I work hard to build up this community and I'd be grateful if you could help me keep it here. I hope you can try to be understanding of that.

jeeeep

Hooked
a weak or failing 2nd battery is also causing this issue. at 18k mile it's still under warranty and better to have the dealer diagnose and repair as well as make that record in the even it fails outside of warranty.
no blinders on here, this issue has been discussed in other threads and shared but it's disrespectful and against the rules to post links to competing forums.
If you had a business and advertised it on your vehicle, would you mind if others put stickers on top of your company info advertising competitors?

IaJeepGuy

a weak or failing 2nd battery is also causing this issue. at 18k mile it's still under warranty and better to have the dealer diagnose and repair as well as make that record in the even it fails outside of warranty.
no blinders on here, this issue has been discussed in other threads and shared but it's disrespectful and against the rules to post links to competing forums.
If you had a business and advertised it on your vehicle, would you mind if others put stickers on top of your company info advertising competitors?
Never posted a link or mentioned any names...

Top Bottom