Sector Shaft 42mm Socket Problem

Jeeper99

As others have stated, just keep going down the systematic approach to checking everything. Keep checking to make sure anything didn't work loose after a DW event. DW has a way to loosen things up. So, keep checking torque on other components as you work thru this.

My experience is that the biggest offender on my JL was the trackbar, followed by the steering box play, then balljoints. I could never tell any difference with a Synergy sector shaft brace.

Jeeper99

I have a similar shimmy (wobble) I can’t seem to fix. I have a 2019 JLUR, 2” dynatrac lift, 35” tires. Installed steer smarts yeti xd sector shaft brace/track bar reinforcement bracket and a Clayton adjustable track bar to correct frame/body alignment.

Steering is tighter but still have occasional wobble. Bumpy, you will notice improvement in steering wheel response and that nut was a bear to get off.

Is my next step to upgrade tie rod/drag link/lower control arms? Not sure where to go.
I checked toe (toed in) and caster is about 4 degrees.

Thanks
My JLUR on stock 33s with 23000 miles had a slight shimmy. It had a Steersmarts Yeti Pro (poly bushing) trackbar, new cast iron steering box, Steersmarts tierod, steersmarts draglink and stock (latest) steering damper. Yet a small bump at 75 mph on the highway could set off a shimmy that lasted a second or so. Especially if it was in a slight right turn. Finally, I changed the balljoints to Dynatracs last year and it was all gone.

A Synergy sector shaft and trackbar brace did zippo. Caster had no effect on mine. It was all about the balljoints.

Top Bottom