Regear price southeast

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Going to regear my JKU to 5.13 locking the rear with either ARB air or a Detroit locker. Going to leave front open till I can get a Prorock 44
Any recommendations on rear axles type and what spline ?
Also what is the going price for this project southeast USA,North Alabama or Georgia area ? Also any recommended shops, nobody around here like to mess with gears.
Thanks

Huntpab1

Ucf in Dothan and Motobilt are great however they are both south Alabama, However I have never used them I know people really impressed with Rpm extreme in Gardendale Al

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If you are going ARB you may as well get the 35 spline and Revolution Shafts that come with a lift time warranty.

If you have a 11+ JKU the Detroit will mess with your ABS.

All Ring and Pinions are made in Korea. Select the least expensive ones.

Sent from my LG-D851 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
If you are going ARB you may as well get the 35 spline and Revolution Shafts that come with a lift time warranty.

If you have a 11+ JKU the Detroit will mess with your ABS.

All Ring and Pinions are made in Korea. Select the least expensive ones.

Sent from my LG-D851 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine is 2010, I'm undecided on which locker for sure Detroit simple but has its drawbacks.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I got a quote back from one shop ( non of those mentioned above) for $4621.00 . That's with 5.13s ,ARB in rear with 35 spline G2 placer gold axles, leaving front open, ARB high output single air compressor installed and wired, install kits,etc.
4060.00 if I already have ARB installed. [emoji848]
Sounds a little high.
But after 500 miles they will pull dif covers , check tolerances at no extra charge.

Last edited:

Gravedigger11

I got a quote back from one shop ( non of those mentioned above) for $4621.00 . That's with 5.13s ,ARB in rear with 35 spline G2 placer gold axles, leaving front open, ARB high output single air compressor installed and wired, install kits,etc.
4060.00 if I already have ARB installed. [emoji848]
Sounds a little high.
But after 500 miles they will pull dif covers , check tolerances at no extra charge.

Cost should be around 500-600 for labor with arb and gear install on that axle. 350-400 for just gears. They are charging a lot IMO.

600 gears
60 oil
900 arb
275 compressor
600 axle shafts
850-1000 labor

3285-3425

This is with installing the compressor yourself. Even if you let them it should be under 4K. You could knock a couple hundred bucks off with a different rear axle shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom