Recommendation for 2.5” lift kit for 2018 JKUR Recon

bmkrinne

Looking on 2.5” lift kits for a buddy’s stock 2018 JKUR Recon edition.

Key details:
It’s his wife’s daily driver
Going to 315/70R17 or 35’s
Currently it has a 1/2” factory lift and 285/75R17 tires.

I would really like to put an EVO lift on it but don’t see that they have a 2.5 kit.

I would definitely go bigger than you think you’ll want. If you don’t, you’ll regret it and end up buying and installing a second one.

This advice may or not be founded on personal experience. 🤣

bmkrinne

I would definitely go bigger than you think you’ll want. If you don’t, you’ll regret it and end up buying and installing a second one.

This advice may or not be founded on personal experience. 🤣
Haha! Yeah, I started out with an AEV 2.5” lift and moved onto 4” EVO lift. I’ve got a little experience there to! Solid advice! 👍

Looking on 2.5” lift kits for a buddy’s stock 2018 JKUR Recon edition.

Key details:
It’s his wife’s daily driver
Going to 315/70R17 or 35’s
Currently it has a 1/2” factory lift and 285/75R17 tires.

I would really like to put an EVO lift on it but don’t see that they have a 2.5 kit.
If you plan on running and staying with a 35, I’d also go with at least a 3” lift. Will prevent any crazy trimming/rubbing. EVO’s 3” Enforcer is a good option and would even consider adding the draglink flip kit with it.

bmkrinne

If you plan on running and staying with a 35, I’d also go with at least a 3” lift. Will prevent any crazy trimming/rubbing. EVO’s 3” Enforcer is a good option and would even consider adding the draglink flip kit with it.
Thanks! I was hoping to not flip the drag link and keep the lift height lower to prevent it. You guys all bring up good solid advice on going with the 3” lift for additional clearance. I also really like how the EVO plush ride springs remove the factory rake as well. I’m going to let her drive mine - 4” EVO & drag link flipped to see how she like it and go from there.

JL/JT’s especially Rubicons can comfortably fit 37’s with a 2.5” lift. Depending on which company you use, EVO for the JT only offers 2.5”, 4.5” and 6.5” lifts. I will say the 4.5” with 37’s does look pretty dang good.

The 2.5” on my JL fit well but I needed to remove the fender liners to avoid rubbing at full flex- looks better without them anyway. Wish Id gone with EVO 4”. 🤷🏼‍♂️

rubiDave

The 3 inch Evo enforcer is perfect for 35s. Just be aware that you'll need to either replace your front driveshaft or do exhaust spacers. Also, they recommend at least 4.5" backspace wheels, so spacers or new wheels will be needed.

As far as the draglink flip, I wasn't impressed with EVO's front trackbar bracket thats part of their flip kit. It is a multi-piece bolt on affair, that kept coming loose. I eventually welded it all together (rear bracket too) and all has been well. If I did it over again I'd get a synergy or artec weld on front trackbar bracket. Your Recon has a larger front axle tube, so make sure the front trackbar bracket you get fit that tube.

bmkrinne

The 3 inch Evo enforcer is perfect for 35s. Just be aware that you'll need to either replace your front driveshaft or do exhaust spacers. Also, they recommend at least 4.5" backspace wheels, so spacers or new wheels will be needed.

As far as the draglink flip, I wasn't impressed with EVO's front trackbar bracket thats part of their flip kit. It is a multi-piece bolt on affair, that kept coming loose. I eventually welded it all together (rear bracket too) and all has been well. If I did it over again I'd get a synergy or artec weld on front trackbar bracket. Your Recon has a larger front axle tube, so make sure the front trackbar bracket you get fit that tube.
Agree with the EVO front track bar bracket. I also went with the Synergy weld on and have been very happy. If we end up going that route with the Recon, I’ll weld on a Synergy bracket.
Also agree with your recommendation of 4.5” back spacing on the wheels! Thanks!!

Yeah we usually recommend and do a full weld on bracket. Even with a bolt on bracket, we have seen them still break the factory welds on the OEM bracket. It’s a plus anyways if you ever decide to add hydro assist later down the road.

Top Bottom