Rear Dust Lights - What are you running?

TrailHunter

Hooked
What are you guys running for rear dust/chase lights. I need to find an amber light(s) that fits on top of the EVO Fascia and short enough to clear the tailgate... which is about 2 1/4" (on a JK) to be safe. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

What are you guys running for rear dust/chase lights. I need to find an amber light(s) that fits on top of the EVO Fascia and short enough to clear the tailgate... which is about 2 1/4" (on a JK) to be safe. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
In exactly the same boat, great thread idea. I was thinking about KC's single spot beams in amber but am not sure if they'd clear the tailgate

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think I could get creative with 1 or 2 Amber KC Cyclones but I'm not sure if they are bright enough to see in heavy dust...?

benatc1

Hooked
I used to run the rigid ignite back there for back up lights, last time I looked they don’t make an amber light, I also have a pair of diode dynamics ssc1 ambers that I plan to put some where on my JT that are pretty small and would likely fit in that area, they seem like a pretty nice light. I can get a measurement when I get home later this week or I’m sure they have specs on line but they might fit there

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the KC Flex Single lights with amber lenses. Having followed them on the trail and in the dust, I can tell you that they work extremely well.

20210520175950-0778796a-me.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
I used to run the rigid ignite back there for back up lights, last time I looked they don’t make an amber light, I also have a pair of diode dynamics ssc1 ambers that I plan to put some where on my JT that are pretty small and would likely fit in that area, they seem like a pretty nice light. I can get a measurement when I get home later this week or I’m sure they have specs on line but they might fit there

The ignites are the perfect size.. but yeah, no amber. I’ll check out the ssc1 online.. Thanks Ben

I really like the KC Flex Single lights with amber lenses. Having followed them on the trail and in the dust, I can tell you that they work extremely well.

20210520175950-0778796a-me.jpg

I really like these, and would prefer to stick with KC... but they are too big for where I want to mount them... I may be able to come up with something creative though. Thanks Eddie

I got a pair of Baja Design S2's...

View attachment 372455

I was looking at these last night.. the size is good. Wish they made a single lens version though.. but they are a strong contender... Thanks Ed

benatc1

Hooked
The ignites are the perfect size.. but yeah, no amber. I’ll check out the ssc1 online.. Thanks Ben

I really like these, and would prefer to stick with KC... but they are too big for where I want to mount them... I may be able to come up with something creative though. Thanks Eddie

I was looking at these last night.. the size is good. Wish they made a single lens version though.. but they are a strong contender... Thanks Ed
the more I've thought about it, I've also seen little light brackets that go on the top of your tail lights, could be another option. if i recall correctly rigid makes a nice clean bracket.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On top of the facia, I would think they should fit just fine. I used to run Rigid D2's which are pretty damn big on top of Moby's rear cross member and they cleared the tailgate just fine. These Flex singles are way smaller.

TrailHunter

Hooked
the more I've thought about it, I've also seen little light brackets that go on the top of your tail lights, could be another option. if i recall correctly rigid makes a nice clean bracket.

I saw those... I don’t know.. I like the OG look of Jeep Grills and tail lights... I want something a little more hidden and subtle.

On top of the facia, I would think they should fit just fine. I used to run Rigid D2's which are pretty damn big on top of Moby's rear cross member and they cleared the tailgate just fine. These Flex singles are way smaller.

I’ll check the numbers again. If you are still using the bracket it came with... could you measure the total height with the bracket.. No Rush! Whenever.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The fascia sits way higher than you would think. I’ve tried, the cube lights like on moby won’t fit.

I ran a slim one on the fascia cause that’s all that would fit.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I decided to try this out. Those are the OEM front bumper lights I stuck in there years ago. Googled yellow acrylic and found that they sold little 4"x4" sample sizes for $2. Cut them to fit and heat gunned them fit the light lenses. Not sure if they might too much for somebody behind me, but they sucked as front driving light or fog light. And didn't do a whole lot better as a backup light. We'll see how it works out. Oh and for my camera I mounted it in the receiver plug. I don't tow.
20220306_094203.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
I decided to try this out. Those are the OEM front bumper lights I stuck in there years ago. Googled yellow acrylic and found that they sold little 4"x4" sample sizes for $2. Cut them to fit and heat gunned them fit the light lenses. Not sure if they might too much for somebody behind me, but they sucked as front driving light or fog light. And didn't do a whole lot better as a backup light. We'll see how it works out. Oh and for my camera I mounted it in the receiver plug. I don't tow.
View attachment 372834
Looks Clean John! Nice job!

Thread hijack?

Can we add Gladiators to this thread? Thinking of something to replace the little reflectors in the bumper with dust/reverse lights. Looking for an ultra clean look with nothing hanging off the side or underneath.

Top Bottom