Rattle Can Bedliner Experiences...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
prepping will take the most time and make your paint job adhere better and not flake off:
get some acetone, old white t-shirts (cut them up), 400 grit sand paper, tack cloth, self etching primer and your paint.

1. Start by washing your rails to remove any dirt.

2. sand the rails - don't need to go crazy on them just scuff them up

3. go over them with the tack cloth to remove any filings

4. if you have somewhere to hang your parts, hang them, makes it easier to wipe and paint

5. wipe them down with the acetone - using white t-shirts, once the cloth is clean you're ready to paint

6. spray 2 coats of the self-etching primer, let it dry between coats per the instructions - use light coats

7 . spay light coat of the paint you chose, let it dry between coats per instructions spray again - several light coats will cure better than heavy coats

Thanks for that! Will do!

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m looking into bed lining my 8 foot truck bed and I’m wondering what kind of area the rattle can covers. The line x shop is under staffed and didn’t even give me a date they could do it.

CalSgt

Hooked
If you have a good air compressor the Raptor liner is a bit more expensive but seems like a really quality product considering it's for DIY.

WJCO

Meme King
I’m looking into bed lining my 8 foot truck bed and I’m wondering what kind of area the rattle can covers. The line x shop is under staffed and didn’t even give me a date they could do it.
I can't imagine the time and amount of cans to cleanly do an entire bed with rattle cans. I used Herculiner (roll on/brush on) on my JT bed. I bet you would need 2 gallons of that for an 8 foot bed.

Jsouder53

Hooked
If you have a good air compressor the Raptor liner is a bit more expensive but seems like a really quality product considering it's for DIY.
Unfortunately, the only compressor I have is the shittybuilt I keep in my Jeep. Sold my buddy my good one since I never used it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
The Herculiner kit I used looks similar to this one you posted but is not a 2 part epoxy.
I started reading on the application instructions that it can’t drop below 50* within the first 24 hours 🤦‍♂️ I have about 4-5 months until that day comes lol I’ll look into the herculiner and see if that is any different.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Line-X is great, but its not the only game in town. I had my new truck done in 2020 by a small shop that does all the dealerships in my area and its every bit as good as Line-X, and way better than the Raptor Liner job I did in my Jeep tub 10 years ago. Took them less than 30 minutes and cost less too. The shitheads at my local Line-X quoted me $1000.

Jsouder53

Hooked
That’s an insane quote! I’ll reach out to other shops about having it done. I’ve been asking body shops since I’m looking for a good body shop to work out some dents I have in my truck. Thanks for your input!

Top Bottom