Random Videos

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yup yup yup. Also put the phone in your damn pocket and pick something up to fight with if it attacks. What caliber would you need to kill it instead of piss it off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’m just guessing, but from what I’ve seen you could do it with .357 Magnum, or 10mm. That’s with the right bullets. Probably any .44 Magnum load. Buffalo Bore is the place to go for bullets to put game down. I saw a test of one of their .357 & 10mm loads. It was pretty impressive. I’d still probably go minimum .44 mag, if there were bears and such around. Practice, so you become accustomed to the pressure and recoil. First time I shot a magnum, I hit with the first bullet and was a little off with the subsequent shots, just due to the tremendous amount of pressure. It made the hair around my temples move, and leaves on the ground rustle.

I’d still never want to kill a mountain lion or bear. I’d only do it if I had to. I noticed young cats in the first part of that video. The first thing he should have done, is back away as soon as he saw they young ones.

I’m just guessing, but from what I’ve seen you could do it with .357 Magnum, or 10mm. That’s with the right bullets. Probably any .44 Magnum load. Buffalo Bore is the place to go for bullets to put game down. I saw a test of one of their .357 & 10mm loads. It was pretty impressive. I’d still probably go minimum .44 mag, if there were bears and such around. Practice, so you become accustomed to the pressure and recoil. First time I shot a magnum, I hit with the first bullet and was a little off with the subsequent shots, just due to the tremendous amount of pressure. It made the hair around my temples move, and leaves on the ground rustle.

I’d still never want to kill a mountain lion or bear. I’d only do it if I had to. I noticed young cats in the first part of that video. The first thing he should have done, is back away as soon as he saw they young ones.

Yeah that was my thoughts as well. Keep seeing comments from people “that’s why I always got that thang on me” and looking at it I’m fairly certain a 9mm would just piss it off. I don’t know many people that EDC a canon. I’m still surprised he was able to scare it off that easily.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah that was my thoughts as well. Keep seeing comments from people “that’s why I always got that thang on me” and looking at it I’m fairly certain a 9mm would just piss it off. I don’t know many people that EDC a canon. I’m still surprised he was able to scare it off that easily.

I don’t think he scared it off. I think it scared him off. She was protecting her cubs. Once he back away he was no longer a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Someone has already done a parody video with a "cougar" on the same pathway...I think I'd rather take my chances with a real cat...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You have a decent chance of surviving a face-to-face fight with a cat...brown bear not so much. (Not that I’d want to attempt either).

To me, the scary thing about cats is that you may not know they are there until it is too late.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
You have a decent chance of surviving a face-to-face fight with a cat...brown bear not so much. (Not that I’d want to attempt either).

To me, the scary thing about cats is that you may not know they are there until it is too late.

Yup, cats worry me much more than bears because they will actively hunt and ambush you verses bears are usually just defending themselves, their dinner, or their cubs. We are having more and more sightings of them in the upper part of Michigan. Not happy about that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I think I posted this before but we had a Mountain Lion jump one of our horses here in Western Pa. Neighbor saw it a couple days later stalking through one of our fields when they were putting up hay. That was the last time it was sighted. Not fun having one of those around, especially after seeing what it can do to a 1200# horse :shock: We were on edge for the rest of that summer.

Horse 2.JPG

Attachments

• Horse 1.jpg
    Horse 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 75

WJCO

Meme King
I think I posted this before but we had a Mountain Lion jump one of our horses here in Western Pa. Neighbor saw it a couple days later stalking through one of our fields when they were putting up hay. That was the last time it was sighted. Not fun having one of those around, especially after seeing what it can do to a 1200# horse :shock: We were on edge for the rest of that summer.

I assume horse was ok? The lions don't seem to mess with moose too much. I would imagine it's not worth the effort of killing and trying to drag it away.

gyoja75

We had this happen to us as well when I was in high school and lived on a farm. We placed a goat, tied to a rope and staked near the wood line, as bait while we watched with our rifles.

“Sua Sponte”

Ddays

Hooked
I assume horse was ok? The lions don't seem to mess with moose too much. I would imagine it's not worth the effort of killing and trying to drag it away.

Yeah, some home stitching and it was fine. Scared shitless though. Wouldn't leave the run-in for a week after that. Don't blame it. We know another horse owner about 10 miles away that had the same thing happen a couple years prior.
We're thinking it was a juvenile still learning what it can catch & what to leave alone. Hope it got the shit kicked out of it!

Brute

Hooked

View attachment 354558

My wife has two shit-zoos I could loan to you for horse defense...please take them...

Top Bottom