Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

CalSgt

Hooked
Installed new headlights as well as some led bulbs in the Denali. Also got around to “insulating” the garage doors. And why do you have to pretty much remove the front bumper cover to get the damn things out. Pain in the ass. View attachment 383227 View attachment 383228
one done
View attachment 383229

View attachment 383230
done
View attachment 383231
before
View attachment 383232
Yeah that body style yukon denali is a pain in the ass to just replace headlamp bulbs let alone the whole assembly

CalSgt

Hooked
That had to have been rough, we ended up with some of the displaced residents here in Susanville, some of them ended up being permanent vagrants.

Your kitchen layout is eerily similar to my brothers old place on the corner of Valley View & Crestmoor. I had to look on Google maps to see if his place survived, nope…

onlyone

Installed a Dashskin on Whiteprivilege. Seems the GMC,Chevy trucks,SUVs have a bad problem with cracking, rattling dashes. Easy fix with silicone and weights to hold it down. Came out pretty good. No more rattles. The truck is nice enough to just replace the entire dash but I figured I would try the $150 route before the $900 one.
before and after. 59CE2394-D995-4C5E-8F41-679660C2A499.jpeg 028C44BE-30C9-44C7-827A-A598E1F37213.jpeg
after
44A690EA-D59C-424F-B5A9-2FC8391291EA.jpeg 40C10BD1-F70B-467A-B882-381062B9045C.jpeg 6474BE6C-45DC-44D1-88E4-89828FBF0C79.jpeg

rich67

Caught the Bug
26A49B0B-814B-4B77-AD88-87DEBAD0F0BF.jpeg
Decided to empty out my garage and redo the flooring with the DuPont (generic Home Depot) garage floor epoxy kit. Took me two months. Rented a POD and threw everything in it, cleared out my attic and put planks down, scraped the floor with a Diamabrite tool, laid down the epoxy after pressure washing it, then put a urethane topcoat on it. Oh, and I also scraped the popcorn off the ceiling and Re textured it. Then painted all the walls and put a rubber molding strip along the bottom perimeter. Thank God it’s done. I’m over projects.

Attachments

• 0606F191-8E3F-448F-8D25-CE595782E50B.jpeg
    0606F191-8E3F-448F-8D25-CE595782E50B.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 17

kevman65

Hooked
View attachment 384374
Decided to empty out my garage and redo the flooring with the DuPont (generic Home Depot) garage floor epoxy kit. Took me two months. Rented a POD and threw everything in it, cleared out my attic and put planks down, scraped the floor with a Diamabrite tool, laid down the epoxy after pressure washing it, then put a urethane topcoat on it. Oh, and I also scraped the popcorn off the ceiling and Re textured it. Then painted all the walls and put a rubber molding strip along the bottom perimeter. Thank God it’s done. I’m over projects.
Looks good.

Yes, this is one of those projects that LOOKS like it is easy, until you do it 1 or 10 times. More labor intensive than it reads or looks.

Did you moisture test the concrete before you did it and did you seal the concrete? Since the water table is like 5 inches below your floor down there.

View attachment 384374
I hope your concrete does not crack!

rich67

Caught the Bug
Looks good.

Yes, this is one of those projects that LOOKS like it is easy, until you do it 1 or 10 times. More labor intensive than it reads or looks.

Did you moisture test the concrete before you did it and did you seal the concrete? Since the water table is like 5 inches below your floor down there.
I did moisture test it. There were a couple small areas where no matter what I did, the stuff didn't adhere properly. The prior owners had an old floor down, but oils or some other residue got deep into the concrete. Fortunately, the areas were small. I only sealed those parts and didn't do the rest of the floor.
The house was built in 88, so if there are any new cracks, it'll be from a damn sinkhole!

Top Bottom