Radiator Leak

mackey

I have a leak in the fin area of my radiator. I have an aftermarket Mishimto radiator. I don’t want to replace it yet, because I am planning on a LS3 V8 swap soon. Are there any good products that actually work to stop radiator leaks? Thanks

Solution
If the leak is in the fins, you're kind of out of luck. I would NOT recommend any of the crap you can pour into your radiator. While they kinda work, all that crap is also flowing through your engine too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If the leak is in the fins, you're kind of out of luck. I would NOT recommend any of the crap you can pour into your radiator. While they kinda work, all that crap is also flowing through your engine too.

Upvote 0
Solution

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that if you can see the source of the leak and it's reach able, you might be able to solder it if the fins are copper or welded if it's aluminum. Of course, you'd have to pull your radiator to do that and it might be just as easy and cheaper to replace it with an aftermarket OE replacement.

Upvote 1

WJCO

Meme King
I have a leak in the fin area of my radiator. I have an aftermarket Mishimto radiator. I don’t want to replace it yet, because I am planning on a LS3 V8 swap soon. Are there any good products that actually work to stop radiator leaks? Thanks
This white shit in the coolant passages is stop leak. Don't do it.

IMG_20180828_163740_040.jpg IMG_20180828_163900_116.jpg

Upvote 1

bouche03

Wow, that stuff looks like it really gums up the cooling system. I can't imagine that being a good long term (or short term) solution!

Upvote 0

desertrunner

For when you do decide to get a new one, I just bought the C&R racing one for my 4dr with a 5.7 hemi and the bushings on it are really nice. Doing research it seems that people are seeing flexing issues cracking aluminum radiators and I'm hoping that those bushings will help. I originally ordered a mishimoto and returned it after recommendations here and tons of bad reviews.

Upvote 0
Never additive the coolant system. If it doesn’t fuck your engine it’ll absolutely fuck your heater core. Don’t do any red neck shit like putting eggs in there either. It’s summer now. Just keep topping up with water til you get to it.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom