Question on 37s - Max Tow

Jordanjeep

Sorry I know I couldn’t find exactly what I’m looking for but my question is…

I have a sport s max tow. Mopar lifted and leveled.
I’m going to 37s and 17 inch rims. About 9ish pounds more per tire and rims are about the same weight.

Do I need to reinforce anything? I don’t do crazy off-road I just live in the north and need a beast to get mwhere I’m going.

I read the Dana 44s can handle it and the heavy duty breaks as well. Do I need to reinforce joints, truss, gussets, etc. anything else or should I be fine?

thanks!

jordan

Hey Jordan. Being that you don’t do any crazy wheeling, you will be just fine adding 37’s BUT if you wanted to add any strength to the drivetrain, I’d add chromoly shafts. C gussets if you really wanted too. New gears may be more of a needed upgrade than anything else after adding the 37’s.

What Disciple said!

If I'm not mistaken the max tow comes with 4.10s as well with those 44s, and with the 8 speed auto you'll be "fine" but it all comes to preference and driving conditions as more than any other immediate need of reinforcement would be a lower (numerically higher) gear ratio. Depending on how hard you're gonna wheel it, you can also think about ball joints, chromoly axle shafts, track bars, a tie rod, and a drag link when it comes to strengthening up components.

ok perfect, I really appreciate it.

and your talking about this right?

https://www.chassisengineering.com/...0-series-strange-moly-yokes-w-solid-u-joints/
That’s a driveshaft or driveline which your stock ones will work fine until you go to a higher lift. Upgrading driveshafts of course is always a good upgrade but not a must for where you are at.

The axle shafts which I was referring to are in the front and rear axles. Aftermarket chromoly shafts up front will have stronger u-joints with full circle clips to prevent failure. For the rear, you will always be prone to bending flanges but will at least have some kind of warranty for that on most aftermarket brands.

Axle Shafts

note that the JL chromoly shafts are kind of limited due to all the different variations of axles so make sure to confirm fitment especially since you have max tow.

kevman65

Hooked
Axle Shafts

note that the JL chromoly shafts are kind of limited due to all the different variations of axles so make sure to confirm fitment especially since you have max tow.
This, double and triple check that an axle WILL work on your Max Tow. Last time I looked, they offered them for the Rubicon (E-lockers) which won't work for you but nothing for the Max Tow yet.

sunnysideup

I know dutchman has 35 spline rear shafts for a max tow... but that includes a lot of other upgrdes (ARB and New carrier). The max tow rear axle is different from the rubicon...same width and other specs but the carrier is centered...right and left shafts are same length... the rubicon and mojave are off set for the carrier for the e-locker. Sports and others are narrower. So be sure (as stated above) that the person selling you the axle shafts know what you have and that there are different rear shafts for the Max tow.

Top Bottom