Pumping gas sucks

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So I'm having an issue pumping gas. While I was in windrock my muffler fell off and I think it pulled the tube that goes into the evap tank as it was dangling down. I didn't notice this until after we stopped playing in the mud all day. I cleaned out the tube that goes into the evap tank and it was full of mud. I haven't cleaned the evap tank but I was curious if this would even be an issue with my pumping. So basically when I'm pumping gas it cuts off every 3-5 seconds. I looked at the filler tube and couldn't see anything wrong but it was filling up fine before windrock and the muffler mishap. So I flubbed up something and I just don't know what and I'm hoping one of yall might have an answer for me as to what I should check.

JK_0311

I had this problem right after ripping the evap line. Above the gas tank. Fixed that and it still was happening. I did notice that my evap canister had charcoal accumulating outside and replaced the whole thing. Blew out the lines with air compressor and have had the problem since.

Part number 5147127AF. Most places wanted like $150-$200. Once of those Mopar OEM websites charged me $100 and it came with the white canister on the end.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I just replaced the EVAP module after my line pulled off and it got a little dirty. It just twists onto the front of the charcoal canister. Was pretty cheap and easy fix. But yeah I had problems getting fuel into the tank also.

Attachments

• 20200920_141044.jpg
    20200920_141044.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 4

JK_0311

I just replaced the EVAP module after my line pulled off and it got a little dirty. It just twists onto the front of the charcoal canister. Was pretty cheap and easy fix. But yeah I had problems getting fuel into the tank also.

I initially replaced mine but that didn’t do the trick and replaced the whole thing. I’m not sure if the one I had was bad or me blowing out the lines helped.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Hmmm not sure, maybe take off the evap module again, make sure there's no dirt in it and the rubber seal is set correctly? Possibly got more dirt in it from excess dirt/mud in the line?

That sucks hope you figure it out.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. It's probably the whole thing I need to replace since I was in mud all day and I'm sure it got in the sensor and canister. I tried cleaning out the sensor but it still has dirt trapped in there. Found a used one on ebay for 80 so I'll give that a shot.

JK_0311

Thanks guys. It's probably the whole thing I need to replace since I was in mud all day and I'm sure it got in the sensor and canister. I tried cleaning out the sensor but it still has dirt trapped in there. Found a used one on ebay for 80 so I'll give that a shot.

Totally understand wanting to save a few bucks, but for $40 more you can get a brand new evap canister with the white vapor canister (or whatever the heck that whole assembly is called). Or at least I did, worth a piece of mind if the used one doesn’t work but you don’t know and you start chasing other potential gremlins.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Totally understand wanting to save a few bucks, but for $40 more you can get a brand new evap canister with the white vapor canister (or whatever the heck that whole assembly is called). Or at least I did, worth a piece of mind if the used one doesn’t work but you don’t know and you start chasing other potential gremlins.
That's true but it's the whole assembly and it comes with a warranty. The cheapest I could find was around 150 brand new. I've had good luck with used parts in the past so I really didn't think much of it.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Looks like I dodged a bullet with the used canister. Plugged it in and I can now pump gas and it's not shutting off. It's the little things that get me excited.

JK_0311

Looks like I dodged a bullet with the used canister. Plugged it in and I can now pump gas and it's not shutting off. It's the little things that get me excited.

Awesome sauce, being in your shoes, I know how bad that sucks. 10-15 minutes to pump a tank, no bueno.

Top Bottom