Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I’m pretty sure most teams were in the locker room during the national anthem until the military started paying (yes spending tax payers dollars) for the rights to the pre-game show. Manufactured patriotism at its finest. Go team! ‘Merica!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would be interested to see evidence to back this up. Sounds plausible though. As much as I like football, it is 80% marketing and 20% sport at this point.

BaddestCross

I would be interested to see evidence to back this up. Sounds plausible though. As much as I like football, it is 80% marketing and 20% sport at this point.
Google it. Military advertising budget. Several teams paid (not just NFL) to allow various branches of military do flag ceremonies and other things.

The military advertises in print, TV, and radio too, so I'm not opposed to it in theory. I'm a little more disturbed that the NFL charges them to do the flag ceremonies. Of course, everything about the NFL is money so it doesn't really surprise me.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

PatyWagon

My children volunteered to serve this great nation in the military. One of them is still serving to this day and is "in the sand". No football game was in in our house last year. If the new ruling goes into affect and there is no kneeling, football will be once again be allowed in the house, but one kneel and it will be banned again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fiend

Caught the Bug
Google it. Military advertising budget. Several teams paid (not just NFL) to allow various branches of military do flag ceremonies and other things.

The military advertises in print, TV, and radio too, so I'm not opposed to it in theory. I'm a little more disturbed that the NFL charges them to do the flag ceremonies. Of course, everything about the NFL is money so it doesn't really surprise me.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

How ironic. NFL owners make money from the military to stage “patriotic” pageants before games. Some players want to use the opportunity to make their own political statements. Other people get upset by that, so the owners set up a new policy that fines noncompliant players. Owners make even more money. So the lesson here is, be an NFL team owner if you can, and enjoy monopoly profits protected by federal law.

critter812

How ironic. NFL owners make money from the military to stage “patriotic” pageants before games. Some players want to use the opportunity to make their own political statements. Other people get upset by that, so the owners set up a new policy that fines noncompliant players. Owners make even more money. So the lesson here is, be an NFL team owner if you can, and enjoy monopoly profits protected by federal law.

From what I read its not the Player that gets the fine its the owner! Now what do you think an owner is going to do to a player that gets him a fat fine?

Ddays

Hooked
From what I read its not the Player that gets the fine its the owner! Now what do you think an owner is going to do to a player that gets him a fat fine?

Not a damn thing because the players union will get involved and threaten to sue over a players right to protest being infringed.

What it comes down to for me is that I could give two flying fucks what any athlete/actor/celebrities political or social views are. I watch a movie/sporting event strictly for that purpose only - to be entertained. After its over I don't care what Joe QB or Joe actor thinks about Trump or Obama or immigration or the deficit or LGBT rights or Tar Sands blah blah blah. Ever. Social media is running amok and its sad what it's doing to people.

Don't show the National Anthem at the beginning of games to give these guys a forum to exploit and the problem goes away.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
They’re paid to play, not use the stadium as their own political platform, as far as I’m concerned they can do the job they’re paid to do or they can fuck all the way off.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I don’t know about you guys but I F’n love the national Anthem at Games... MLB, Little League, Football etc.. And when Soldiers , Police or Fighters Jets flying over are there... Even Better!! Because when that shit happens I grab my beer, my peanuts, my hot dog and think ... Thank you America!! Thank You Freedom!! Thank you for allowing us to Enjoy this great Past Time in Peace....

Fuck Yes America! ... Fuck Yes!! Now Play Ball! [emoji481]

(But that’s just me)

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Everyone is replaceable, or just don’t give them as much playing time, if they want to stay in the locker room for the anthem let them stay there for most of the game too.

PatyWagon

Guess the owners needed to do something, heard on news the other day---what's favorite sporting event? From polls, football went from 46% down to 37% over this last season. That's a lot of $$$$ and attendance lost. Drop like that is hard top recover from.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chris1015

20180525_205510.jpg

When I order buffalo wild wings and I gotta scrape sauce to get my wings sauced up. When you're paying $1 per wing I expect a thrilling dining experience. Especially when I'm cheating my eating plan, dammit.

Pro tip: order the wings wet, just dont forget to order them wet like I did. Then they sauce the hell outta them.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I don’t know about you guys but I F’n love the national Anthem at Games... MLB, Little League, Football etc.. And when Soldiers , Police or Fighters Jets flying over are there... Even Better!! Because when that shit happens I grab my beer, my peanuts, my hot dog and think ... Thank you America!! Thank You Freedom!! Thank you for allowing us to Enjoy this great Past Time in Peace....

Fuck Yes America! ... Fuck Yes!! Now Play Ball! [emoji481]

(But that’s just me)

Agreed! [emoji1303]

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just drove 200 miles with my gas cap off (I’m an idiot - plus my kid was about to piss his pants) and not ONE Ballsack tried to tell me it was off. I always point out to people how dumb they are... I expect the same courtesy. Haha

BaddestCross

I just drove 200 miles with my gas cap off (I’m an idiot - plus my kid was about to piss his pants) and not ONE Ballsack tried to tell me it was off. I always point out to people how dumb they are... I expect the same courtesy. Haha
Apparently, your Jeep is one of those ballsacks as it didn't warn you either (with the gas cap warning). 🤣

--

Top Bottom