Outboarding King 2.5 Resi's on a PR44

jesse3638

Hooked
When I had the shocks rebuilt one of the front shafts was bent. Mel explained that as the axle swings the body of the shock tends to hit the frame and bend the sock shaft. I used Evo Mfg lower shock relocation brackets to move my King 2.5's to the outer side of the lower mounting brackets. Is this needed or recommended on a PR44? If so has anyone done it? I was going to swap them over but they the PR is a bit different. I don't see a specific mounting bracket for the PR44. I feel I can make them work. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

When I had the shocks rebuilt one of the front shafts was bent. Mel explained that as the axle swings the body of the shock tends to hit the frame and bend the sock shaft. I used Evo Mfg lower shock relocation brackets to move my King 2.5's to the outer side of the lower mounting brackets. Is this needed or recommended on a PR44? If so has anyone done it? I was going to swap them over but they the PR is a bit different. I don't see a specific mounting bracket for the PR44. I feel I can make them work. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I was going to move my JKS bracket when I get a PR but I don’t have it yet so I’m interested what is different between the two shock mounts

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure when I had mine I remember they were already built outboard on the PR44. I know I never used a bracket and I think it was because the PR 44 was built to accommodate for that.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure when I had mine I remember they were already built outboard on the PR44. I know I never used a bracket and I think it was because the PR 44 was built to accommodate for that.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah I was going to measure the distance between the brackets and see if there is a difference between stock and thr PR.

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I don’t recall if I needed to or just did it but mine are moved out with the synergy brackets on the pr44.

MericaMade

I had to use the Evo shock relocations on my PR44 and my buddies as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Can you take some pics so I can see how you did it? Did you use a crust sleeve to fill in the space between the evo bracket and the tab ln the axle? It doesn't line up on the could bucket like it does on the stock axle.

On both we had to modify the bracket to fit the PR44. We had to take some steel off the bracket to fit. Its obvious where you where need to grind once you put it up against the PR44. I then use 3 king spacers for fitment and bolted on the mount. On the top bolt I just use a nut for the proper spacing.

20200503_143258.jpg

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
On both we had to modify the bracket to fit the PR44. We had to take some steel off the bracket to fit. Its obvious where you where need to grind once you put it up against the PR44. I then use 3 king spacers for fitment and bolted on the mount. On the top bolt I just use a nut for the proper spacing.

View attachment 353914

Ok that was kind of what I had envisioned. Thanks.

Top Bottom