Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice trip man…better than watching Rams games (or Raiders games for that matter)…

we may have to make a wager on the upcoming Rams/Raiders duel for the cellar game…
Glad I missed the game Sunday.. I wouldn’t even bet on them this year. We’re done. Time to rebuild.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Jeez your DT ball joints are shot already? How many miles you got on them? Can't you get the progrip rotors turned. I usually just replace the pads.
I forgot to log when I first installed the ball joints but I'm guessing I have close to 30k on them... but its not so much the mileage as it is the trail wear. I've had a few hard hits on them... I'm feeling some play so I want a fresh install on the BJ's and the unit bearings. I got a groove in one of the rotors since the first trip out with the pro grips and its been squeaking ever since.... so the plan is to get the take offs turned so they will be ready for the next brake job. I'm just being a pro active and doing it all at once while I have everything apart.

rubiDave

I forgot to log when I first installed the ball joints but I'm guessing I have close to 30k on them... but its not so much the mileage as it is the trail wear. I've had a few hard hits on them... I'm feeling some play so I want a fresh install on the BJ's and the unit bearings. I got a groove in one of the rotors since the first trip out with the pro grips and its been squeaking ever since.... so the plan is to get the take offs turned so they will be ready for the next brake job. I'm just being a pro active and doing it all at once while I have everything apart.
Considering I'm on my 3rd set of ball joints in 30K that's not that bad. First two sets were stock type. I was too cheap to spend $600 on ball joints so I went with the synergy adjustables last time. Only a few thousand mile on them so far. We'll see how they work out.
My progrips squeak now and then, mostly when it cold. No grooving, but still only a few K miles. The pads sure do make a lot of dust though.

Top Bottom