Oil Leak

tOSU

Hello all, I have a 2020 JLU Sport S and the other day I noticed a quarter size puddle of oil on the ground. From my research its either the oil cooler or a rear main seal. Under the Jeep the bell housing is wet so that also makes me think its one or the other. I only have 40,750 miles on it so I have an appointment with my local dealer to get it looked at and fixed. My question is has anyone else had this issue on the JL's? Also is their something that I may have done to cause this? about 2 days prior to noticing this leak I went on a trail through the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas and there were some water crossings but the engine never got submerged in any water.

Thank you all for your time

JimLee

Hooked
Unfortunately rear main seals seem to be a "thing" with JLs. Mine hasn't started dripping but I do have a light coat of oil on the bottom of my bell housing that Ive been monitoring. The only other leak Ive experienced has been the PCV line where it connects to the back of the passenger side head, it was a split o ring in the connector. That leak seeped down the back of the engine and showed on bell housing as well.

Brute

Hooked
Hello all, I have a 2020 JLU Sport S and the other day I noticed a quarter size puddle of oil on the ground. From my research its either the oil cooler or a rear main seal. Under the Jeep the bell housing is wet so that also makes me think its one or the other. I only have 40,750 miles on it so I have an appointment with my local dealer to get it looked at and fixed. My question is has anyone else had this issue on the JL's? Also is their something that I may have done to cause this? about 2 days prior to noticing this leak I went on a trail through the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas and there were some water crossings but the engine never got submerged in any water.

Thank you all for your time
As JimLee alluded to…check to make sure the oil is not migrating from somewhere else, like a valve cover gasket…

Top Bottom