Oil for a 3.6 l

WJCO

Meme King
I've only used Pennzoil. But any will work but make sure it meets MS-6395 standards to keep the warranty gods and engineers happy.

Alvela97

I've only used Pennzoil. But any will work but make sure it meets MS-6395 standards to keep the warranty gods and engineers happy.
I no longer have a warranty on my Jeep. I'm at 92,300 miles and just want to
try another brand of oil that is good.

Last edited:
I no longer have a warranty on my Jeep. I'm at 92,300 miles and just want to
try another brand of oil that is good.
All of the brands are good. If you don't believe it, just read the label on the bottle or visit the manufacturers web site. I am confident that the lable and/or web site will not say that the product isn't good.

Jeeper99

Pennzoil platinum is at the top of the best oils list. Also up there is Mobil1 Extended Performance. I have been a Mobil1 user for a long time and engines have lasted past my ownership. One is still going at around 300k . I moved to 5w30 across all my vehicles to standardize. Yes even my 3.6 JL.

The most important thing is to change your oil regularly and within the manufacturer described interval for the type of use. Take care to not overheat the motor or let the oil level get too low. Any name brand synthetic is sure to be good enough. Even real oil is good enough if changed sufficiently often.

Top Bottom