Eagle1911

Lol. Yea, it’s kind of pricy and takes a while to install! But with an elderly mother needing rides and a Moab trip in June, seemed like the best solution!
I am looking at the ACCUAIR system to install myself. I have heard it takes about 12 hours. Any truth to that and did you have any issues?

GEPFan

I am looking at the ACCUAIR system to install myself. I have heard it takes about 12 hours. Any truth to that and did you have any issues?
For me it took longer. I spent two weekends and a few evenings in between. There was a few reasons why. A part I received was wrong (was for a different vehicle) which slowed me down and I have a Gladiator Rubicon and there was no place for the compressor as Jeep puts a skid plate there. I put mine inside my bed area as I have a shell. Some mount it where the spare tire goes. If you already have a compressor I suppose you could use that as long as you connect it to the ECU. Also running the hoses and cables on the Rubicon is a little different than the instructions. I would be happy to talk with you about the install process but can’t now. I have some suggestions to save time. It also took a while to get it configured they way I want but it is working great now and should be the perfect solution. AccuAir has been very helpful through the process. Taking it to Moab in a month or two. Excited to see how it performs.

jaming

For me it took longer. I spent two weekends and a few evenings in between. There was a few reasons why. A part I received was wrong (was for a different vehicle) which slowed me down and I have a Gladiator Rubicon and there was no place for the compressor as Jeep puts a skid plate there. I put mine inside my bed area as I have a shell. Some mount it where the spare tire goes. If you already have a compressor I suppose you could use that as long as you connect it to the ECU. Also running the hoses and cables on the Rubicon is a little different than the instructions. I would be happy to talk with you about the install process but can’t now. I have some suggestions to save time. It also took a while to get it configured they way I want but it is working great now and should be the perfect solution. AccuAir has been very helpful through the process. Taking it to Moab in a month or two. Excited to see how it performs.
I am getting a Gladiator Rubicon 2023, and I want to install the ACCUAIR. I can use any install hints or even any suggestions of good installers.

GEPFan

I am getting a Gladiator Rubicon 2023, and I want to install the ACCUAIR. I can use any install hints or even any suggestions of good installers.
I think you will love it. I just came back from Moab and it performed really well. I love the suspension, Went to CA to Moab and drove great, Ran 5 badge trails with no problem including Steel Bender, Poison Spider and Hells Revenge and it did great. Went to Reno and dropped the Jeep down to get into the parking garage. No issues at all!!

Give the install a very long weekend, minimum! May need another car to drive if their are delays

Well the first thing is to decide where to install the compressor. The instructions show it going just in front of the rear bumper on the passenger side but the Rubicon bolts a bumper skid plate there. Some guys are putting it in the spare tire well. I have an ARE cap on the back so I mounted it inside there on the cap frame. Note, the compressor that comes with the AccuAir system is designed to run the suspension with a regulator for air-up but it is a little under spec in my opinion. It can get hot and shut down for a while. I may switch to a double ARB unit, which can be mounted inside driver front fender liner.

After that, look at all the parts when they come in, but keep them sorted well. I had one height sensor that was for a different vehicle so they had to overnight the correct one to me. The mounting bracket did not look like the others

Follow the instructions. There is a video on-line that does the suspension work before the air-electrical work but you want to install all the electrical and air portion first so you can still drive around. If you install the suspension portion first, you will be non-drivable until you are 100% done

instructions on orienting the rear bags is vague Basically there is a Notch on the bags, Point it straight back. Also on the Rubicon, when you pull the drain plug at the back seat to run the wires outside from the ECU, it is not a straight forward situation you end up in another compartment so you will need a metal hole saw, or pick another place to exit. Then the wire set that moves forward into the driver kick panel has a purple wire but it is short and they don’t tell where it connects That goes to the dash lights so you can dim the remote if you want I just skipped that

I had a few parts that were not working and AccuAir overnighted bench tested replacements It slows you down but they were helpful There is also some fine tuning needed so get them on the phone if you have any issues after your install they will help you adjust the height sensors. The phone app is very helpful for that so make sure you down load it and use it when firing up the unit after your install The ECU and blue tooth takes 2-3 minutes to come active so be patient Also, it does not run in remote start mode, need to be fully in Run mode

Email me if you have problems
Good luck on your install! Once the system is dialed in, it seems solid, flexible and effective

jaming

Amazing! Thanks for all these details!

I am trying to be ready and educated, so when my vehicle arrives I can get all this done.
I am almost 100% sold on this system, and real world account like yours just help me seal the deal.
I will need to have it professionally installed though, since I don't have garage space nor lifts to do the job.
But now your notes will become part of my permament notes, which I will show whomever I select for install. :)

If you happen to know of trusted places in the Tucson/Phoenix area, I will take that info as well. :)

GEPFan

Amazing! Thanks for all these details!

I am trying to be ready and educated, so when my vehicle arrives I can get all this done.
I am almost 100% sold on this system, and real world account like yours just help me seal the deal.
I will need to have it professionally installed though, since I don't have garage space nor lifts to do the job.
But now your notes will become part of my permament notes, which I will show whomever I select for install. :)

If you happen to know of trusted places in the Tucson/Phoenix area, I will take that info as well. :)

GEPFan

I installed it myself. It’s good to know your own Jeep so I like doing my own work when I can.

I just used two floor jacks and a few larger jack stands. A long handled torque wrench, metric ratchet wrenches are a big help, and a battery operated impact wrench (Makita or Milwaukee are best) and impact sockets are about all you need. There is one step in the rear where you need to add a mounting bracket for relocating the rear trackbar. You have to drill those holes. It isn’t a real technical install, it just takes time, patience and several calls to AccuAir for configuration

jaming

I installed it myself. It’s good to know your own Jeep so I like doing my own work when I can.

I just used two floor jacks and a few larger jack stands. A long handled torque wrench, metric ratchet wrenches are a big help, and a battery operated impact wrench (Makita or Milwaukee are best) and impact sockets are about all you need. There is one step in the rear where you need to add a mounting bracket for relocating the rear trackbar. You have to drill those holes. It isn’t a real technical install, it just takes time, patience and several calls to AccuAir for configuration
Thank you! I am no stranger to DIY in my cars... just that this is my first foray into 4x4 vehicles... therefore I am approaching with a level of respect. :)

jaming

I was meaning to ask you, if you don't mind: How does this type of work affect any factory warranties? My vehicle is still being built, so the suspension will be added to a brand new vehicle.

WJCO

Meme King
I was meaning to ask you, if you don't mind: How does this type of work affect any factory warranties? My vehicle is still being built, so the suspension will be added to a brand new vehicle.
Any modification can affect factory warranty. Hopefully you have a cool relationship with your dealer and they aren't dicks.

jaming

Any modification can affect factory warranty. Hopefully you have a cool relationship with your dealer and they aren't dicks.
Make sense.

So if you don't mind me adding 1 more to the thousand questions volley ;-)

1- What tires/wheels are you using with your Gladiator? My vehicle will come with thue standard all-terrain 33", and the Granite Cystal aluminum wheels. I was thinking going for 37" tires and some nice looking wheels (in case I cannot use the factory wheels). I am concerned about fitting a 37" spare in the factory spare compartmen, and also on any issues with the ACCUAIR install and this planned tire size.

GEPFan

Make sense.

So if you don't mind me adding 1 more to the thousand questions volley ;-)

1- What tires/wheels are you using with your Gladiator? My vehicle will come with thue standard all-terrain 33", and the Granite Cystal aluminum wheels. I was thinking going for 37" tires and some nice looking wheels (in case I cannot use the factory wheels). I am concerned about fitting a 37" spare in the factory spare compartmen, and also on any issues with the ACCUAIR install and this planned tire size.
I changed my 33’s to Nitto Ridge Grapples 37x12.5R17 D paired with KMC Tank Beadlock wheels with 3.5” backspace The 37 Nitto will fit in the spare location. I air it down fully These wheels and tires work fine with the AccuAir They Recomended a min of 4.5” backspacing but I generally don’t like to do the minimums so I won’t with 3.5”

jaming

I changed my 33’s to Nitto Ridge Grapples 37x12.5R17 D paired with KMC Tank Beadlock wheels with 3.5” backspace The 37 Nitto will fit in the spare location. I air it down fully These wheels and tires work fine with the AccuAir They Recomended a min of 4.5” backspacing but I generally don’t like to do the minimums so I won’t with 3.5”
You guys are amazing. I really like this forum.

GEPFan

I asked my Jeep dealer and they said if the modification is in the path of the warranty item than there is a chance the warranty would be impacted but I decided to enjoy my Jeep and not worry too much about it

GEPFan

Thank you! I am no stranger to DIY in my cars... just that this is my first foray into 4x4 vehicles... therefore I am approaching with a level of respect. :)
I was nervous about the install but it went fine I am glad I didn’t have to pay the $$$ for install as the system itself is not cheap. And, now I know where all the air lines and electrical is located and I KNOW it is done correctly. Torque down everything per spec (there is a spec section on this site) and then check it again in 500 miles or so.
Be aware… when you change tires, you need to look at your lift and your gearing I went with the AccuAir for the lift (and love it) and had my 4x4 mechanic install 5.13 gears. Review the charts and decide what works for you.

Attachments

• 73861FCA-FBD6-4FEA-9A08-A8F6F9560CF5.jpeg
    73861FCA-FBD6-4FEA-9A08-A8F6F9560CF5.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 4

jaming

I was nervous about the install but it went fine I am glad I didn’t have to pay the $$$ for install as the system itself is not cheap. And, now I know where all the air lines and electrical is located and I KNOW it is done correctly. Torque down everything per spec (there is a spec section on this site) and then check it again in 500 miles or so.

Be aware… when you change tires, you need to look at your lift and your gearing I went with the AccuAir for the lift (and love it) and had my 4x4 mechanic install 5.13 gears. Review the charts and decide what works for you.
In the youtube videos, Eddie also recommends after-market 1350 driveshafts, to avoid the CV boots being strained.
Any comments on that?

GEPFan

In the youtube videos, Eddie also recommends after-market 1350 driveshafts, to avoid the CV boots being strained.
Any comments on that?
I defer to Eddie! He knows a hell of a lot more than I do! I am pretty new to Jeeping so don’t want to lead you wrong. When I did the regear I swapped out the front axles for the RCV axles. There was no additional labor charge, just the parts.

Top Bottom