New Jeep for a New Adventure

duktrx

I found a 392 XR with the front camera about 8 hours from home. Thursday I am flying up to pick her up. Super excited. That first 500 miles keeping my right foot under control is going to be a challenge.
Congratulations

I think it is also very restrictive on modifications allowed.
The other issue is that the extended warranty is not a "Bumper to bumper" warranty like the original factory warranty. It is based on long lists of parts and there is no telling which parts have been omitted. Probably critical parts in short supply are omitted.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Got the Jeep home at 0100 last night. 500 miles in 8 hours. What a trip. I will be replacing the factory sliders. Looking at LOD. I like to Destroer series For the steps. any comments about these I should know before pulling the trigger?

Yeah, if you’re going to do any sort of rock crawling, check this out. And if so, look at real rock sliders like LOD signatures or EVO sliders.

CalSgt

Hooked
Got the Jeep home at 0100 last night. 500 miles in 8 hours. What a trip. I will be replacing the factory sliders. Looking at LOD. I like to Destroer series For the steps. any comments about these I should know before pulling the trigger?

If a step is mandatory id gamble on the genright ones, I kinda copied their design for mine and mine have held up.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Yeah, if you’re going to do any sort of rock crawling, check this out. And if so, look at real rock sliders like LOD signatures or EVO sliders.

Thanks!

I just found this. I am now considering the Signature Series.

CalSgt

Hooked
Ok. What would be a happy medium? I need some kind of step but I want protection.
If you're planning EVO long arms just plan on getting the EVO frame mounts unless you can fabricate your own stuff. @wayoflife ran the EVO "Bombers" IIRC which are body mounted and they seemed to hold up okay which is another option for steps type sliders.

EVO slider
Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 5.23.51 PM.png

EVO Bomber
Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 5.23.13 PM.png

I still say Genright if you are keeping the frame suspension mounts in the stock location and want a step.

Full disclosure I don't know anyone with these steps personally but looking at how they're built and based on their reputation would be enough for me.

https://genright.com/products/jeep-jl-jk-4-door-step-rocker-guards-steel.html

JLJT_Rockers_with_step__69505.jpg

_DSC4851_copy__07340.jpg

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Time for an update.

On March 8th I flew to Bloomington IL to pick up my 392. What a day. Left the house for the airport at 7:30am. Finally got to Bloomington at 3:15. The dealership had me out in an hour. I took backroads for the first 125 miles. It was raining and not pleasant but I wanted to break the motor in properly. I finally arrived home at 1:15 in the morning. I was blown away at how well this Jeep drove. Got the 392 ceramic coated on Monday/Tuesday of this week. Today I began working on mods. First was an ARB dual piston compressor mounted using the Kraken under seat mount. As of now, I have the bumper off and will finish the Warn Zeon 10-S installation tomorrow. I have some sill plate protectors to install first of next week. After this she will be ready to get dirty. In the big tool bag I have a strap, shovel, shackles, tire air down tool, a flat repair kitand some simple tools. I will need to do some work on the tool kit. First aid kit, a fire extinguisher and possibly a saw are next. Tonight my girlfriend asked if I planned to carry an axe!!

She loves the Jeep!! I want to thank you all again for all of the encouragement And comments. I haven’t really worked on a vehicle in a very long time. For a 64 year old I am glad I still got it!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Top Bottom