New Jeep Compass

JAGS

Hooked
I've been really interested in this vehicle since it debuted a while back. I was at the dealership today getting some service on ENVY and they actually had one base model on the lot.

Thought I'd share some pics and maybe others can post up any in-person pics they take in the wild.

Surprisingly very roomy and for a base sport model, it was pretty nice inside.

IMG_1536.jpg
IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1539.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg

DH2002

Got to crawl around one when I was trading in my wife's old compass for a new grand Cherokee and I have to say I like it. Especially if you don't a full size Grand Cherokee....

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

JAGS

Hooked
If I'm dumping GC money into another Jeep, it will be for a JL/JT.

This might be a good future option for a little fun commuter vehicle that gets nearly double the MPGs as my JK.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Was looking at one yesterday while helping my mother look for a new vehicle, I took her to look at a Renegade but she wanted a glass sunroof. One of the sales managers suggested that she might like the Compass more. I looked underneath and poked around, drive train and suspension seem identical to the Renegade, seems like it is based on the same chassis. The inside looked a little more roomy and comfortable, but not by much. My personal opinion is that the Compass is a slightly more mainstream looking more car-like version of the Renegade that is only slightly bigger.

I looked at the specs and they are within a few inches of each other in almost every dimension:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/jeep_compass-x_2017-vs-jeep_renegade_2017

One plus would be that the base model engine on the compass can run on regular gas where as the base for the Renegade is a turbo and needs premium.

JAGS

Hooked
This is a great TV spot on the New Jeep Compass that Eddie posted up. Thought I'd share it here for those stumbling upon this thread.

There is another thread to "critique" the ad, so let's not do that here. 🥓[emoji488][emoji491][emoji490][emoji6]

I just thought it'd be good to share the ad for those interested in seeing and learning more about the vehicle.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just now seeing this thread, thanks for posting up the photos of the one you saw at the dealership. I've been checking my local dealership websites every now and then so I can go see one in person too. Just from the online photos, I like the look of the non-trailhawk Compass way more than I like the non-trailhawk Renegade. Both seem like they'd be a great replacement for my daily drive when the time comes.

Top Bottom