New Engine after P0300

FlyGap

So, I just got my 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Sept. this year. not even 2 months ago. 750 miles and the check engine light comes on. Do the code check and sure enough, it's P0300. Long story short, the dealer, today, started the diagnosis process and right out of the gate found massive metal shavings in the oil filter. They are now going to completely replace the engine, but I don't have an answer as to what is breaking down. In my recent research, I found there is a
TSB # 18-024-21 indicating it's a bad cam shaft and it needs to be replaced.
Check your oil for metal shavings if you get the P0300 code.

So, I just got my 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Sept. this year. not even 2 months ago. 750 miles and the check engine light comes on. Do the code check and sure enough, it's P0300. Long story short, the dealer, today, started the diagnosis process and right out of the gate found massive metal shavings in the oil filter. They are now going to completely replace the engine, but I don't have an answer as to what is breaking down. In my recent research, I found there is a
Make sure to read about lemon laws. Major overhaul of a brand new vehicle is not a good sign.

GS-RON

P0300 is the code # for Random/multiple misfires and can be caused by metric shit ton of possibilities.
Check your-
check for other P300 codes, i.e. P0303 would indicate a miss on cyl #3
spark plugs
coils
elec connections at coils
cam shafts
cam shaft timing adjusters
cam timing
compression
leak down
injectors
injector wiring
intake manifold for vacuum leaks
all vacuum hoses

ScoobyCarolanNC

Sorry to hear about it. I'm sure it sucks, but at least they're just going to throw a whole engine at it rather than rebuild, fail, rebuild, fail, etc. If I was in your boat this is what I'd want. Do you have a case with Jeep Cares open? It might be worth it to call them as they can help get the new engine delivered. When the new steering boxes came out I opened a case with them. I had mine in a week and the dealer told me there was a list a mile long and a 2 month wait. I got bumped to the front of the line.

Top Bottom