Need a way to mount a license plate on a Proseries front bumper.

BlackKnight

Hey guys, I need a way to mount a License plate to an EVO Pro-Series front bumper with hoop, I have a SuperWinch with Synthetic and Hause fairlead and a Factor55 prolink, so nothing can mount directly on the front of the Hause. I'd rather not drill into the bumper for the plate, Has anyone seen a place that I could mount to the Hause bolts that hangs the plate below the fairlead?

I was thinking that I could go above, but thinking that I'm going to pick up the EVO lightbar mount that goes there, and that would also defeat the purpose of submerging the winch in the bumper...

J

JKDream

Hey guys, I need a way to mount a License plate to an EVO Pro-Series front bumper with hoop, I have a SuperWinch with Synthetic and Hause fairlead and a Factor55 prolink, so nothing can mount directly on the front of the Hause. I'd rather not drill into the bumper for the plate, Has anyone seen a place that I could mount to the Hause bolts that hangs the plate below the fairlead?

I was thinking that I could go above, but thinking that I'm going to pick up the EVO lightbar mount that goes there, and that would also defeat the purpose of submerging the winch in the bumper...
Just a suggestion, couldn't you run the Factor55 to a Dring mount and use a hawse license plate holder? That's what I do but I'm just using the generic hook.

BlackKnight

Somelike this maybe and flip it to the bottom:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/tuffy/f...se-fairleads?gclid=CLD838-B_9ICFQyGaQodo7gNtw

There's lots of different versions if you look around.
Was looking at those till I bought the Factor 55 link. It sticks out of the fairlead by 4 inches. Found dozens of setups, but all seem to want to hide the fairlead, I'm just basically looking for a flat piece of metal that on ine side has the wholes for the fairlead bolts (and the slot), and on the other has the top 2 bolts of the License plate.

The Tuffy flip bracket already has the plate about an inch out from the mount. You could use two nylon or steel spacers between the flip bracket and fairlead to bring the plate out over the Factor55

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

I've got this plate holder. The bracket hits the top of the flatlink. Even without a license plate on it. So putting spacers to move the plate forward wouldn't work. Need to move the pivot points on the side forward.

That being said, I've cinched the flatlink up horizontally like most others. There might be enough space if I rotated it to point down. I don't recall trying that. But it doesn't look like that'd work either.

BlackKnight

Looking at the Fishbone solution. should work well. Else I'm probably going to try to build my own our of some scrap...

Tumbleweed

Michigan only uses a plate in the rear.
I think some guys from California? only run one plate in the rear, even though they are required to have one in the front. Not too many have been pulled over from what I've heard.

BlackKnight

Michigan only uses a plate in the rear.
I think some guys from California? only run one plate in the rear, even though they are required to have one in the front. Not too many have been pulled over from what I've heard.

In Mass, they won't pull you over for it being missing as the reason, but will add the fines on top of any ticket you may get. The "notice" I received was from a road detail that had the road down to one lane, I was at the front and he stopped me as I passed and told me that I had to have it. I mentioned putting it in the front window, he then told me that not only would that not count, but would be illegal as there can be nothing blocking the glass in the front window (other than our inspection stickers)...

Top Bottom