Mounting MaxTrax onto Rhino Rack Vortex SG

KRob

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how I can mount MaxTrax recovery boards onto my Rhino Rack Vortex SG roof rack. But I am having a hard time finding anything definitive. Would I be able to just use the MaxTrax mounting pins(included a pic of them) and install them onto the rack? I saw someone do something similar onto their Thule Wingbar Evo rack. They had to drill 1/2" holes in the bottom of the bar to make it work. I have no issues doing that to my Rhino Racks, I just want to make sure that's the proper way to install them before I go putting holes into my rack. Or are there any brackets that you would recommend that would work instead?

Thank you in advance!

IMG_3836.JPG IMG_3835.JPG
IMG_3834.JPG
Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 9.49.06 AM.png

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how I can mount MaxTrax recovery boards onto my Rhino Rack Vortex SG roof rack. But I am having a hard time finding anything definitive. Would I be able to just use the MaxTrax mounting pins(included a pic of them) and install them onto the rack? I saw someone do something similar onto their Thule Wingbar Evo rack. They had to drill 1/2" holes in the bottom of the bar to make it work. I have no issues doing that to my Rhino Racks, I just want to make sure that's the proper way to install them before I go putting holes into my rack. Or are there any brackets that you would recommend that would work instead?

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 375629 View attachment 375628
View attachment 375630
View attachment 375631

What if you just use a long bolt and slide the bolt-head in the t-track and then use a washer and a wing nut to fasten the maxTrax down? No drilling and removable.

Muddy Ruttzz

Hello all,

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 375629 View attachment 375628
View attachment 375630
View attachment 375631

Muddy Ruttzz

Use webbing straps with cam locks. Feed them through the handle portion of the trax. You can also put a small cable lock on them. Don’t leave them on too long unattended or they will be stolen.

Top Bottom