Morris4x4 Plagiarizing WAYALIFE (Apology Made)

"Terms of Use" is a easiest way to protect Internet Content. (not complete but pretty strong)

All content, text, images and other materials on Project-Jk.com are owned by Project-JK.com and are protected by U.S. copyright laws and therefore, may not be used except with our express written consent. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, you may not copy or display or post any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com on any network computer, website, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible medium. You must keep intact, and may not remove or alter, any copyright or other proprietary notices on any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
"Terms of Use" is a easiest way to protect Internet Content. (not complete but pretty strong)

All content, text, images and other materials on Project-Jk.com are owned by Project-JK.com and are protected by U.S. copyright laws and therefore, may not be used except with our express written consent. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, you may not copy or display or post any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com on any network computer, website, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible medium. You must keep intact, and may not remove or alter, any copyright or other proprietary notices on any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com.

That can help, but at best it creates a contractual relationship (and even then the relationship is one without a fee shifting provision.) :doh: I'm turning this Jeep forum into a legal forum. I need to stop before I ban myself.

Morris Sucks! That's all anybody really needs to know.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That can help, but at best it creates a contractual relationship (and even then the relationship is one without a fee shifting provision.) :doh: I'm turning this Jeep forum into a legal forum. I need to stop before I ban myself.

It's funny when people argue with you about this stuff. :cheesy:

bnatt78

I have seen them take photos from other people with out asking first. When my friend asked about a discount since they used his jeep in the ad. They said they will get back to him.

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that Morris had finally contacted me regarding this issue and to apologize for their plagiarism of my write-ups and photos. I had asked if I could post up their letters of apology when I first got them but was asked to hold off until they got the green light from their attorneys. In any case, here's a copy of the email correspondence I had with them...

On Jun 26, 2014, at 5:30 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. Let me start off by saying that I apologize for one of my employees stealing this without your permission. It's not right and shouldn't have happened. I currently have three of my employees scanning all his work and pulling it down. Kevin is no longer employed here, so it will be a little difficult to decode what he may have stolen and what he actually wrote. I can assure you, this is not condoned in any way here. I will follow up with you later to discuss any further findings and what the best way to rectify this would be. Thanking you in advance for your patience.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

My response to them...

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:41 AM
To: Michael Bernard
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Michael,
While I appreciate your attempt to apologize for stealing from me by blaming one of your former employees, you still are the one who hired him and in my opinion, YOU are the one who is responsible for his actions. I must say that your desire to push off the blame is consistent with the way you've chosen to handle things thus far. When called out initially, you blew it off by saying you had permission to use the material. When pushed even further, you deleted posts left by your potential customers and added a "photo credit" to the write-up. With all due respect, I think nothing short of you taking FULL ownership of what YOU have done will suffice in me accepting an apology you are attempting to make.

Sincerely,
Eddie Oh

Response I got back...

On Jun 26, 2014, at 7:55 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. I am taking full ownership of this. Never was my intent not to. That was me explaining what happened. My email to you is my first point of contact and the first I was hearing about this fiasco. Please let me know who you have spoken to already so I can figure out what you are talking about. I left you a voice mail as well if the number you provided is correct. I do want to make this right.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

I asked if I could post up their letter of apology...

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:38 PM
To: Michael Bernard
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Fair enough. Would you be okay with me posting this up publicly?

Eddie

Their response...

On Jun 27, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I don't see it as being an issue but I will have to check with our lawyers on this. Not because of this whole deal but because the aforementioned employee is currently in litigation with us.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

And finally, their answer along with another letter of apology...

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Eddie
Subject: RE: Contact Form

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. Glenn Morris is going to send you an email today. You can post that publicly.

If you ever get the chance, please tell me who said they had permission to use your write up.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

On Jul 1, 2014, at 10:01 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:

Dear Eddie,

First and foremost I want to offer my sincerest apologies to you and the Jeep community for the negligence that occurred by my company. I fully understand how this makes us look from the outside and I’m embarrassed by the way this has been handled.

Upon reading The WAYALIFE Forum thread I am tempted to make excuses and attempt to explain how difficult it is to monitor 70 plus employees and how I expect them all to be honest and forthright in all of their duties. In the real world it isn’t so easy, however I fully understand the buck stops at my desk.

Unfortunately I am guilty of not being in front of this issue, if I had known this was going on it would have never happened. I do not encourage nor condone neither plagiarism nor any other dishonest practice.

If my intentions were to do something dishonest I would never have included my last name in the brand. None of this however rights the wrong done to you by my company. This type of reputation is not the legacy I want to leave behind.

Once again I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Glenn P. Morris

With my write-ups and photos removed, ownership taken regarding the theft of them and a formal apology made, this is now water under the bridge for me. To Morris4x4, I thank you for your courage to accept responsibility for your actions and for doing whatever it took to make things right. In my book, you're a stand up company.

SteelBadger

Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that Morris had finally contacted me regarding this issue and to apologize for their plagiarism of my write-ups and photos. I had asked if I could post up their letters of apology when I first got them but was asked to hold off until they got the green light from their attorneys. In any case, here's a copy of the email correspondence I had with them...

My response to them...

Response I got back...

I asked if I could post up their letter of apology...

Their response...

And finally, their answer along with another letter of apology...

With my write-ups and photos removed, ownership taken regarding the theft of them and a formal apology made, this is now water under the bridge for me. To Morris4x4, I thank you for your courage to accept responsibility for your actions and for doing whatever it took to make things right. In my book, you're a stand up company.

This is a refreshing change. Nice to see someone take responsibility for unethical and irresponsible (illegal?) activities . What do you think about this Mr. Basil?........hello.....hello......Are you there?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Given management's response, I retract my statement above and change it to "someone who used to work for Morris sucks."

:clap2: Morris. It's nice to see a "buck stops here" acceptance of responsibility and apology. Too bad more people, and companies, aren't willing to do the same.

JamesWyatt

Called it. These egotistical business owners develop a god complex and think they can steal with impunity, passing off the blame to the very people they paid to steal it. The power of having authority over their employees and a low-level attorney goes to their head.

pastorwug

Called it. These egotistical business owners develop a god complex and think they can steal with impunity, passing off the blame to the very people they paid to steal it. The power of having authority over their employees and a low-level attorney goes to their head.

Wow, that's painting with a pretty broad stroke.
They've confessed, they've been forgiven, I'll give them my business again.
Pretty simple. Unless you're not used to forgiving and forgeting.

JKFlyer

Given management's response, I retract my statement above and change it to "someone who used to work for Morris sucks."

:clap2: Morris. It's nice to see a "buck stops here" acceptance of responsibility and apology. Too bad more people, and companies, aren't willing to do the same.

This !! Agreed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Glad to see a stand up company take ownership and make it right! Good on you Morris4x4! I wonder why the other company stealing from Cindy and Eddie cannot find the courage to do this?

StrizzyChris

I'm happy to see this somewhat resolve itself. I have only purchased my Trektop NX from them, but they had quick shipping and fair prices. If they had not stepped up and took ownership for the problem, I would have vowed to never use them again a steer others away from them. Im glad that is not needed. :thumb:

noroad

I'm happy to see this somewhat resolve itself. I have only purchased my Trektop NX from them, but they had quick shipping and fair prices. If they had not stepped up and took ownership for the problem, I would have vowed to never use them again a steer others away from them. Im glad that is not needed. :thumb:

I was in the same boat, i have only bought one or two things from them as northridge is hard to beat. If they didnt own up and do right by eddie i would have never bought/told anyone to buy from then ever again. Im glad that they stepped up to the plate and did what was right!

Armydog

I was in the same boat, i have only bought one or two things from them as northridge is hard to beat. If they didnt own up and do right by eddie i would have never bought/told anyone to buy from then ever again. Im glad that they stepped up to the plate and did what was right!

Agreed, seems there is integrity left here and there. Congrats Morris for doing the right thing here

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom