Method Racing bead-grip wheels

Discount Tire

I've been running a set of Method 409 15x7 wheels with bead hump technology with 32x10R-15 tires on my RZR for 2 years with solid results. I rock crawl in the AZ deserts and Sand Hollow UT. I have them a low pressure on my side x side (5PSI) on many trails without any de-beading ever.

1S2A0470-L.jpg

Let us know if we can help you with a set.

Last edited:

FFPulley77

Hooked
Hey all, anyone have any experience with method racing’s trail series wheels with their bead-grip technology? Supposed to be difficult to unbead down to 10psi.

Thinking of getting a set of the 701s in lieu of beadlocks.

https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/701-matte-black?variant=31524725129277

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve been looking at the 703’s with bead grip. Watched a few videos on the tube. There’s one from a guy with a built Ranger bombing around on super low pressure. Now just gotta decide if I want bronze or black and get the go-ahead from the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I've been running a set of Method 409 15x7 wheels with bead hump technology with 32x10R-15 tires on my RZR for 2 years with solid results. I rock crawl in the AZ deserts and Sand Hollow UT. I have them a low pressure on my side x side (5PSI) on many trails without any de-beading ever.

1S2A0470-L.jpg

Let us know if we can help you with a set.

Wow, that’s great. Nice to hear someone with real experience. Thanks

I’ve been looking at the 703’s with bead grip. Watched a few videos on the tube. There’s one from a guy with a built Ranger bombing around on super low pressure. Now just gotta decide if I want bronze or black and get the go-ahead from the wife.

Yeah, I’ll probably go with black but I wish they had a protective ring.

TheGrendel

I have Bronze 701s on my '05 LJ. They work awesome. I can go as low as 9psi without issues. Mind you, that's with 37 Trep radials.

Looks awesome. My buddy is building a JLUR for a months long overland trip. I convinced him to go with these rather than beadlocks. Glad to hear other people having good experiences.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've got the 704 titanium, haven't aired them down yet but plan to put them to the test at EJS 2021 now that it's back on.

btw, the titanium is more green than the silvery-white color I was expecting, definitely not the color they use in their promotion images.

Josiah Morgan

I have never tried to install Method wheels on my jeep before, but I have heard many good things about it. Most friends have said to me that they find the product strong, durable, and cheap. Is it true that these wheels are made in China?

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I have never tried to install Method wheels on my jeep before, but I have heard many good things about it. Most friends have said to me that they find the product strong, durable, and cheap. Is it true that these wheels are made in China?

I think pretty much all wheels are made in china unless you buy custom

wjtstudios

Hooked

I run 40” Nittos on mine and have had no issues at all pushing them. I didn’t realize at the time that they were produced in China, but I found later that very few wheels from most of the manufactures are still made state side with trail ready bead locks being one of the exceptions.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I run 40” Nittos on mine and have had no issues at all pushing them. I didn’t realize at the time that they were produced in China, but I found later that very few wheels from most of the manufactures are still made state side with trail ready bead locks being one of the exceptions.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

:usa-salute:

One of the reasons I bought them this go-round. Just a sign of the times that most are overseas now.

fiend

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Here is what Trail Ready’s website says:

WHERE ARE TR BEADLOCK WHEELS MADE?

For 18 years, TR Beadlocks wheels were the only cast beadlock wheel made in the USA. In 2017, our foundry partner, AEWC, by this time the last aftermarket wheel foundry in the US, closed its doors. In an effort to keep TR Wheels made here in the US, we poured a huge amount of effort and money into a motorsports/powersports foundry in the Midwest, but ultimately there were not able to meet the volume and quality requirement. Having exhausted the last possible domestic casting situation, we teamed up with MW Wheel. MW, operating as Weld Wheel, has a long history of US wheel manufacturing and also now has an international foot print in the wheel manufacturing business. With MW, we have moved our HD Series wheel to FlowFormed technology, which offers forged rim performance in a cast wheel. The rim is formed overseas and we do the machining along with all beadlock ring manufacturing in house at our facility in Mount Vernon WA. We are the only FlowFormed extreme duty offroad wheel available.

TR Beadlocks also offers our USAForged model that is 100% USA manufactured, and backed with the same one year warranty replacement warranty.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Here is what Trail Ready’s website says:

WHERE ARE TR BEADLOCK WHEELS MADE?

For 18 years, TR Beadlocks wheels were the only cast beadlock wheel made in the USA. In 2017, our foundry partner, AEWC, by this time the last aftermarket wheel foundry in the US, closed its doors. In an effort to keep TR Wheels made here in the US, we poured a huge amount of effort and money into a motorsports/powersports foundry in the Midwest, but ultimately there were not able to meet the volume and quality requirement. Having exhausted the last possible domestic casting situation, we teamed up with MW Wheel. MW, operating as Weld Wheel, has a long history of US wheel manufacturing and also now has an international foot print in the wheel manufacturing business. With MW, we have moved our HD Series wheel to FlowFormed technology, which offers forged rim performance in a cast wheel. The rim is formed overseas and we do the machining along with all beadlock ring manufacturing in house at our facility in Mount Vernon WA. We are the only FlowFormed extreme duty offroad wheel available.

TR Beadlocks also offers our USAForged model that is 100% USA manufactured, and backed with the same one year warranty replacement warranty.

Well, there goes that idea

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Well, there goes that idea

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Well, unless you spring for the $$$$$ Forged race wheels.

The ever increasing rules and regulations on industry in this country is the prime cause of most manufacturing moving overseas. The California locations have been hit the hardest, between the labor laws and the air quality rules, it's extremely difficult to operate here.

The local steel mill just closed down, due to never ending air quality concerns. They spent $50 Million on emissions control a few years ago, then $30 million more a couple of years ago, and now they have been told it still is not enough, and the AQMD wanted additional equipment added that would cost another $30 million or so.

They decided it was cheaper to build a new one in another state, and closed down. Many leave the country entirely, and it is harder and harder to buy American made parts the to these kind of rules.

The last few years helped, but the next few will be hard on business in this country, in my opinion, as the rest of the country gets introduced to the California way of regulating things to death.

MericaMade

OP, I currently run Method non beadlocks on my truck and had the Method beadlocks on my Jeep and absolutely love them. I would have gone with the same Method wheel in an 8-ug if they had the proper backspacing. I have had Methods on my last few vehicles including my 2500 HD and never once had a problem with them.

They are a solid wheel.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does anyone have these wheels in 17x9? I have a gladiator and I'm debating on getting that vs in 17x8.5. I'm running 37x12.5R17 and might switch to a 37x13.50R17 for the next set down the road.

Top Bottom