Max tow sway bar bigger?

A.J.

So I went to swap out the factory front sway bar for a Rubicon sway bar with EVO no limits into my wife’s new JT. It appears the sway bar is a larger diameter. Obviously the easy fix is to just get some regular disconnects but I was really hoping to use the Rubi bar I have laying around. Wondering if anyone else has run into this? Maybe I can just order some bushings for a rubicon and switch them out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Rubicon sway bar should come with bushings and mounts and they should bolt right up to the frame. I did this on our 2-door JL and with both a JK and a JL sway bar.

A.J.

The Rubicon sway bar should come with bushings and mounts and they should bolt right up to the frame. I did this on our 2-door JL and with both a JK and a JL sway bar.
Roger that. I already had the Rubicon sway bar laying around. It was from a JK. Sounds like I can just get the bushings and then weld the hanger on as I intended. I was surprised when I went to swap it out and found that the bar and bushings were larger on the JT.

waynem

Roger that. I already had the Rubicon sway bar laying around. It was from a JK. Sounds like I can just get the bushings and then weld the hanger on as I intended. I was surprised when I went to swap it out and found that the bar and bushings were larger on the JT.
You shouldn't need to do any welding. The JK brackets and bushings work fine ... If the ones you have don't have the small bar that holds up the motor , it's mopar part 68260703AA. And you'll need the rubber isolator for the motor mount. Easy to find as a "2002-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Semi Rubber Exhaust Isolator".

s-l1600.jpg

A.J.

You shouldn't need to do any welding. The JK brackets and bushings work fine ... If the ones you have don't have the small bar that holds up the motor , it's mopar part 68260703AA. And you'll need the rubber isolator for the motor mount. Easy to find as a "2002-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Semi Rubber Exhaust Isolator".

View attachment 382889
It is the little bar that goes to the exhaust style hanger. It was cut off…twice…it’s been on a couple Jeeps. I did some refitting on it for a little higher clearance bumper on my JK. I think I have a plan now. The sway bar size difference just threw a little wrench in the works. Thanks for the info though . I appreciate the efforts.

Brute

Hooked
I think Steph needs a DTD suspension front & back for her JT...don't you? (I dare you to show her this)...

Top Bottom