max psi on grenade crawl beadlock

kevman65

Hooked
You will find the most comfortable range around 30 psi for street use. If you're going to load it down to haul something, then air up but I wouldn't go the tire max, the term "log wagon" comes to mind.

Unfortunately, the sticker on the door is for a much smaller tire than most people run on aftermarket wheels.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you do NOT want to run the max psi. That is 'max' as in the most you'd want to go and you do NOT want that for daily driving. Typically, your TPMS will not go off when running 35 psi.

Upvote 0

rigotovar32

So its safe to do 35 psi? Which I was I ran on my stock tires I thought maybe beadlocks you couldn't run anything higher than like 25 psi thanks for clearing that up

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So its safe to do 35 psi? Which I was I ran on my stock tires I thought maybe beadlocks you couldn't run anything higher than like 25 psi thanks for clearing that up
You can run higher than that but I wouldn't if only because your ride will suck and your tires will wear unevenly.

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
This has nothing to do with beadlocks, but when I had my 35's mounted and balanced on the DT-1's they inflated the tires to 45 psi and HOLY SHIT I couldn't keep the JT straight for nothing.
So I did the chalk test and found that right around 32 PSI was the most comfortable ride. So I set my COLD air temp at 29 PSI and that ended up giving me 32 PSI when the tires warmed up.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom