Loud Horn Recommendation

I want a louder horn for my TJ. I think its just getting old mostly, but probably not that loud from factory as well. I've heard the Hella super tones or whatever in person and its a different tone but not actually louder, not looking for a train horn, just something that is adequately loud enough to convey my pissed-offedness at dumbasses that decide to pull out in front of me and nearly cause an accident, which for some reason is an increasing occurrence around here. Currently the squealing locked tires are louder than the horn. Willing to try anything reasonably priced if anyone has suggestions, or even a junkyard pull if someone knows of a good loud horn that does more than say "ahem."
Something in between *ahem* and a train horn that says "bitch I will shove this steel bumper up your ass" would be perfect.

jeeeep

Hooked
I swapped my JK horn out for PIA, I think it was the PIA Sport. slightly higher pitch on both horns but loud.

black pearl

Hooked
I used a set of 6v horns on ones of my old cars. They were damn loud! But maybe something out of a older caddy would be louder.

About ready to carry a sports horn, hand crank down the window- reach out hold it outside and blare it at people. Dunno what it is about holidays that make people drive like crap more than the rest of the year.
Really debating just going to a junkyard with a battery at this point.

JimLee

Hooked
Really debating just going to a junkyard with a battery at this point.
I think that's a great idea, look for older cars and trucks, some of the old Cadillac's and Oldsmobile's had crazy loud horns compared to the horns they put on newer cars.

WINspeed

Checkout Hornblasters, I've installed a few of their systems on trucks and they're insane. They make a motorcycle horn that fits pretty much anywhere and it's way louder than a stock horn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom