Long Term Durability of JL Frame?

JJ151

Just bought a 2021 JLUR in early October and while I think I did a lot of research prior to my purchase, I started thinking more about the long term durability of the JL frame. I’m considering build options and would like to eventually run 40s on tons and coil overs. Recently I’ve seen quite a few posts of accidents involving JLs where exterior damage is relatively minor but the frame ended up severely bent/unrepairable (needed to replace the frame). Got me thinking about possible other issues running large tires and heavy axles. I know it may still be a bit early in the model for any definitive answers, but I would be interested in the groups thoughts on this topic. Thanks in advance for the dialog.

JimLee

Hooked
Supposedly the frame is stronger steel but thinner. I've seen the same kinds of posts on a few forums that involve frame damage after an accident, but I haven't seen anyone yet that has bent or twisted one up wheeling (obviously anecdotal evidence at best). I hope it'll hold up, I've already got the tons and coil overs in the garage, 40's come after I wear out the brand new set of 37's I have already.

Top Bottom