LOBSTAH QUEST Part 5 : JL/JT Experience - Field & Forest New Hampshire

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was a really cool video! Man if the wet slippery rocks don’t get you, the ones that roll will huh. Very cool area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Best in series. :thumb: And just Wow on how your truck pulled the whole trail like it did. Great job and video..:thumb: Thanks for sharing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just got done watching, man what a trip! Looks like fun was had by all! I was chuckling in parts, only cause I experience it when I wheel, where the smallest rock or stump will throw you completely off your line cause it’s slick. You want to go one way but it say “naaaa your gonna go this way” lol

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Just wild how those wet and moving rocks are sending the Jeeps in every direction but the one chosen by the driver. That must be causing some major pucker from the driver’s point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
F'n KILLER!!!! Amazing Job Cindy!

39:13

She's happy that you liked it :)

That was a great video. Dare I say the best one of the series, so far.

The poor Hellcat engine must be crying to itself about the tires it is trying to push.
Of course, in my opinion, the horsepower is far more useful on the trip there and back than it is on the trail. I have found very few places I felt I could make it too if I only had more power. Gearing, tires, and suspension for the win. Oh, and the biggest factor, the DRIVER!

The Gladiator did awesome on this trail, and the Nittos seem to work good.

The Mud Grapplers on the JKS Jeep looked like they did the best of any of them in those conditions, at least in what we could see from the video.

Great that you guys are knocking these out fast.

I'm guessing 22:35 for the next one.

Thanks Jerry, we're glad you enjoyed the video. Regarding horsepower, you'd be surprised at what you could do on trails like this with more of it and with tires that hook up. As far as tires go, yes, the Mud Grapplers performed the best on this trip.

I don't want this trip to end! I love these videos of you guys back east! I'm going to guess 33:20

Thank you, you're too kind :)

You and cindy never disappoint!
Part 6: 21:43

Glad to hear it, thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was definitely one of my favorite days! The after lunch run was epic! Great job on another epic video! 27:57

Agreed. The area was super pretty and the trails were fun with a lot of technical stuff all along the way. Good times.

That was a really cool video! Man if the wet slippery rocks don’t get you, the ones that roll will huh. Very cool area.

LOL - so true. :crazyeyes:

Best in series. :thumb: And just Wow on how your truck pulled the whole trail like it did. Great job and video..:thumb: Thanks for sharing.

Happy to hear you liked the video and yeah, for a truck that so many people swore wouldn't be able to wheel, I think this video does an okay job of showing otherwise. :yup:

Just got done watching, man what a trip! Looks like fun was had by all! I was chuckling in parts, only cause I experience it when I wheel, where the smallest rock or stump will throw you completely off your line cause it’s slick. You want to go one way but it say “naaaa your gonna go this way” lol

LOL - yup, that's about right :crazyeyes:

Just wild how those wet and moving rocks are sending the Jeeps in every direction but the one chosen by the driver. That must be causing some major pucker from the driver’s point of view.

It definitely makes things a lot more challenging. :D

rmccown

Another great video. The overlook at Hogback is fantastic; its one of our go-to spots in the fall.

I'm not sure, but I think Mel likes the Gladiator. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video. The overlook at Hogback is fantastic; its one of our go-to spots in the fall.

I'm not sure, but I think Mel likes the Gladiator. :)

The views from up there were amazing! Bummer that the ski area that used to be up there is closed. I'll bet it was really nice back in the day.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Damn I would never have thought that the NE had such awesome wheeling!

Another fantastic video! Amazing what you’ve already put your JT through in such a short amount of time owning it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua

What a great series of videos! The wheeling and scenery are spectacular. It's truly amazing what the new iPhone cameras can do with your and Cindy's great eye for cinematography.[emoji106]
I'll say it again, those Patagonia tires suck enormous donkey balls! Having to winch up almost every difficult obstacle, I would be pissed. It would almost ruin the trip for some people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn I would never have thought that the NE had such awesome wheeling!

Another fantastic video! Amazing what you’ve already put your JT through in such a short amount of time owning it. [emoji106]

I know, who knew? And here I thought that Rousch Creek was the only action in the area.

Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, we've put our JT through a lot in a very short amount of time. I think we've only owned it for about 3 months and have about 13,000 miles on it. :crazyeyes:

What a great series of videos! The wheeling and scenery are spectacular. It's truly amazing what the new iPhone cameras can do with your and Cindy's great eye for cinematography.[emoji106]
I'll say it again, those Patagonia tires suck enormous donkey balls! Having to winch up almost every difficult obstacle, I would be pissed. It would almost ruin the trip for some people.

Like I said before, we were all feeling bad for Skyjacker. Glad you're liking the videos :)

Brute

Hooked
Best video of the trip so far...it was beginning to hurt watching Skyjacker's JT...thought for sure he wiped out the tie rod on that big rock he bounced off of. I haven't been to Keene in 44 years...probably almost the same today as it was then. I still have memories as a teenager hunting deer in Vermont & New Hampshire with my dad in his '68 Bronco...and walking through the woods smelling maple syrup as we came upon a "sugar shack" that was boiling the sap...man, did that smell good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Best video of the trip so far...it was beginning to hurt watching Skyjacker's JT...thought for sure he wiped out the tie rod on that big rock he bounced off of. I haven't been to Keene in 44 years...probably almost the same today as it was then. I still have memories as a teenager hunting deer in Vermont & New Hampshire with my dad in his '68 Bronco...and walking through the woods smelling maple syrup as we came upon a "sugar shack" that was boiling the sap...man, did that smell good.

Nice that you got to spend so much time up there. Beautiful place for sure.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Another fun, awesome video! Love the New England colors. Difficult trails to say the least! Nobody carrying a spare drive shaft? Lol! Field and Forest looks like a really great place!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another fun, awesome video! Love the New England colors. Difficult trails to say the least! Nobody carrying a spare drive shaft? Lol! Field and Forest looks like a really great place!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Brian had one but being that we were on pavement, Tom decided to look for a shop in town. As luck would have it, the town we were staying in had the only drive shaft shop around. :yup:

bkac

Caught the Bug

There were actually several people carry spare driveshafts but the cool thing about a trip like this is that we had a chase truck ready to roll so it literally took 5 mins to drive it on the trailer and strap it down. with the break being at the beginning of the trip and having a shop where we were staying, it only made sense to get it repaired that evening while they were open. That way if something happened later in the week we’d still have a spare shaft when maybe we weren’t close to a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked
Another great edition with beautiful and unique terrain. Really impressed with how well the gladiators are doing. Excited to see the rest of the trip!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There were actually several people carry spare driveshafts but the cool thing about a trip like this is that we had a chase truck ready to roll so it literally took 5 mins to drive it on the trailer and strap it down. with the break being at the beginning of the trip and having a shop where we were staying, it only made sense to get it repaired that evening while they were open. That way if something happened later in the week we’d still have a spare shaft when maybe we weren’t close to a shop.

Yup, this ^^^

Another great edition with beautiful and unique terrain. Really impressed with how well the gladiators are doing. Excited to see the rest of the trip!

Yeah, super impressed with how well the Gladiators did. I mean, you'd expect them to do well in the open desert but to have them do well in New England, that says a lot. :yup:

Andy5160

Hooked
I feel that part five was the best part. It represents everything east coast has to offer. Not just wheeling but scenery as well. I am not sure Skyjacker enjoyed it as monster you did[emoji23][emoji23] I had to do it.
Also I am not sure it is me or my screen but the video quality was amazingly sharp in this part.
Keep it up [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I will say this is the worst cause I don’t want you guys to feel bad everyone is saying an iPhone video is better than your video camera video. Lol

Shows how far phones have come in a short amount of time.

(And this wasn’t the worst ;) )

Top Bottom