LOBSTAH QUEST Part 4 : JL/JT Experience - Old Florida Road Massachusetts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I hear “East Coast” I think New Jersey because thats all I know... But man.. that was some bitchin scenery... those Trees! Just Awesome... [emoji1417]

31:13

LOL - honestly, I had no idea so much wheeling - good wheeling was out there. :crazyeyes:

Another awesome video! That is some slick rock and pretty scenery!

Crazy slippery and yes, very pretty. :yup:

longarmwj

Another great video! These videos are testament to several things:

1: how good those UD axles are. Y’all aren’t going easy and they’re holding up to lockers and 40s on wet rocks, with no breaks.

2: how good synergy products are. The synergy guy doesn’t even care about beating that thing, and I haven’t seen a break on it yet

3: how good EVO products are. Which that’s kind of a given and doesn’t need to be said lol

4: how much those Pata-NO-ia tires suck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was a great trail! You did amazing work getting up and over those ledges. Are you finding the JTs longer wheel base being an advantage on those climbs?

Can’t wait to see the next trail, they keep getting better!

Only because we're running 40" tires. Without them, we'd be at a HUGE disadvantage. In fact, we only have our JT sitting at about 3" of lift and we definitely struggled a bit more than Randy or PSC, both of which are running 6.5" of lift. But, so long as you have things setup right, yes, the longer wheel base allows the front to grab nicely before the rear even starts. It's a benefit for sure.

Another great video! These videos are testament to several things:

1: how good those UD axles are. Y’all aren’t going easy and they’re holding up to lockers and 40s on wet rocks, with no breaks.

2: how good synergy products are. The synergy guy doesn’t even care about beating that thing, and I haven’t seen a break on it yet

3: how good EVO products are. Which that’s kind of a given and doesn’t need to be said lol

4: how much those Pata-NO-ia tires suck

Nice summary. :thumb:

naysjp

At 8:13 I cannot believe those colors on the ground. It does not look real. I love California weather and would struggle with the cold of New England but I would love to see those colors for myself. That was amazing. That small part is almost the most fascinating part of this video.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was awesome! You guys made that giant rock obstacle look easy! You’re right too. I could totally see axles snapping on obstacles like that. Those UD60’s keep looking better and better. I thought it was pretty weird to see PSC’s automatic step deploy when he was climbing that rock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At 8:13 I cannot believe those colors on the ground. It does not look real. I love California weather and would struggle with the cold of New England but I would love to see those colors for myself. That was amazing. That small part is almost the most fascinating part of this video.

The colors on the ground were really something else. We had to include it and really, the camera doesn't do it justice.

24:25 gor part 5. I wanna see what a RTV weld looks like[emoji1787]

LOL - that's still maybe 3 videos down the way. Also, while I did see the break with my own eyes, I wasn't able to stick around to film the repairs. Just like any JKX or JL/JT Experience, when we're on the trail, Mel assesses the situation, leaves a member of the crew behind to fix things and everyone else needs to keep moving on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was awesome! You guys made that giant rock obstacle look easy! You’re right too. I could totally see axles snapping on obstacles like that. Those UD60’s keep looking better and better.

Like I said in my other post, we torture tested not just one set of Dana UD60 axles on one Jeep or on one obstacle but a half dozen of them on a LOT of really hard obstacles and over the course of a week. If one were to fail, it wouldn't have surprised any of us. That none didn't is and in our case, allowed us to drive 3,000 miles back home, I think that speaks volumes for how well they're made. Again, all I can do is SHOW YOU just how well they performed. :yup:

I thought it was pretty weird to see PSC’s automatic step deploy when he was climbing that rock.

You mean Rock Slide Engineering steps aren't supposed to do that?? :idontknow: And hear I thought they were helping PSC up the ledge! :cheesy:

Bear_JT

Hooked
Like I said in my other post, we torture tested not just one set of Dana UD60 axles on one Jeep or on one obstacle but a half dozen of them on a LOT of really hard obstacles and over the course of a week. If one were to fail, it wouldn't have surprised any of us. That none didn't is and in our case, allowed us to drive 3,000 miles back home, I think that speaks volumes for how well they're made. Again, all I can do is SHOW YOU just how well they performed. :yup:

You mean Rock Slide Engineering steps aren't supposed to do that?? :idontknow: And hear I thought they were helping PSC up the ledge! :cheesy:

Seeing is believing. Definitely very impressive axles.
Lol! Maybe the RSE steps are like an anti rollover device. They deploy when you tip too far to one side, almost like a training wheel of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked
Enjoyed this edition alot. Hard to say being we certainly didn't see everyone, but Seems the guys running Ridge grapplers vs trail grapplers really struggled on the rainy day. Did the SkyJacker JT even try that obstacle?

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I just got done watching all 4 episodes so far. Man, can't wait for the next. Really cool to see a lot of the guys getting to experience our style of wheeling here in the East and getting to see the foliage this time of year.

Don't know how you can drive that long, especially overnight. I would have ended up in a ditch in Nebraska!

The toll booth scene was entertaining. Unfortunately I probably would have been one of the impatient SOB's behind you wondering what in the hell is going on up there. :D We're so used to those damn toll booths here we take dealing with them for granted.

The acorn on the roof. :cheesy: Happens to all of us over here too! Sucks when you get rained on by a shitload of them at once!

JLT's are awesome offroad. The 40's really elevate their capabilities.

Patagonias suck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another epic video [emoji106] Slick rock makes it so much more challenging ! My guess for part 5, 18:32.

The wet and slimy rocks really did make everything a challenge. :crazyeyes:

You guys are really cranking these out! Thanks for that!!

LOL - we have SEMA coming in a week and we're desperately trying to get all of these done before then. In spite of all the sleepless nights burning the midnight oil... I'm not sure we'll make it but we're trying. :icon_crazy:

Enjoyed this edition alot. Hard to say being we certainly didn't see everyone, but Seems the guys running Ridge grapplers vs trail grapplers really struggled on the rainy day. Did the SkyJacker JT even try that obstacle?

No, after all the trouble they had earlier in the day, they decided to bypass the obstacle. Quite a few rigs skipped it but yes, the Trail Grappers did much better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got done watching all 4 episodes so far. Man, can't wait for the next. Really cool to see a lot of the guys getting to experience our style of wheeling here in the East and getting to see the foliage this time of year.

Don't know how you can drive that long, especially overnight. I would have ended up in a ditch in Nebraska!

The toll booth scene was entertaining. Unfortunately I probably would have been one of the impatient SOB's behind you wondering what in the hell is going on up there. :D We're so used to those damn toll booths here we take dealing with them for granted.

The acorn on the roof. :cheesy: Happens to all of us over here too! Sucks when you get rained on by a shitload of them at once!

JLT's are awesome offroad. The 40's really elevate their capabilities.

Patagonias suck.

LOL - glad you got a chance to catch up on the videos and that you enjoyed them.

Also, sorry for being that guy at the toll booth :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Those “rock sliders”. [emoji23][emoji23]

Good news for PCS was they wouldn’t have gotten in trouble if that climb had gone different. The sliders would have grabbed on.

What was up with the three turns on the passenger hub?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom