Leveling Kit, rake not fixed ?

RacerX10

2008 JKU, it had a 2.5" spring lift on it but I wanted to drop down and put 33's on it.

So I got a set of springs and shocks off a Rubicon. Springs are labeled as "6800 4460AA" in rear and "5212 6318AC" in the front.

Anyway, I put those springs / shocks on it and got a teraflex leveling kit. It ended up with 1" more space between top of rear tires and fenderwell than the front has.

Is it those springs ? I'd really rather not have that rake in it.

Thanks for your thoughts !

Last edited:

Napalm

Did you add anything to the rear? As in a spacer? Or was it just a Teraflex front level?

I wouldn't figure the Rubi springs would cause you to have front take with a Leveling kit installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RacerX10

It was the full leveling kit, 2" worth of space in the front and 1" worth of spacer in the rear. I guess I could take the spacers from the rear back out, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of having spent the $$ on the leveling kit. Just not sure how this happened .. wondering if the spring rate could cause a 1" difference in the ride height in the rear.

Also, I have the soft top on the JKU right now, I wonder if having the hard top on it would drop the back any ?

Right Rudder

Weight on the front bumper can make a difference. I threw a 12k powerplant/steel quarter-pounder+stinger after a spacer lift and it mashed the hell out of my front springs. I was level before that but got my rake back after throwing 250lbs out front on the end of the frame rails.

Like alot of folks I also have a noticable difference when i throw the full toolbox/camping gear in the back and add a couple hundreds lbs there. Weight distribution is a bitch.

Last edited:

RacerX10

Weight on the front bumper can make a difference. I threw a 12k powerplant/steel quarter-pounder+stinger after a spacer lift and it mashed the hell out of my front springs. I was level before that but got my rake back after throwing 250lbs out front on the end of the frame rails.

Like alot of folks I also have a noticable difference when i throw the full toolbox/camping gear in the back and add a couple hundreds lbs there. Weight distribution is a bitch.

I do have an AEV bumper on the front now, but it's winch-less so I wouldn't have expected it to make all that much difference.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Weight distribution and spring rate has a lot to do with it. If your running a large spare, heavy winch, even how full your gas tank is all have an effect on rake and lean. I have stock springs and the TF leveling kit (2" ft and 1" rr). No noticeable rake anymore.
IMG_6454.JPG
IMG_2722.jpg

RacerX10

Weight distribution and spring rate has a lot to do with it. If your running a large spare, heavy winch, even how full your gas tank is all have an effect on rake and lean. I have stock springs and the TF leveling kit (2" ft and 1" rr). No noticeable rake anymore.

Do you know what your spring rate / part numbers are ? My spare is about the same weight as the stock Rubicon spare.

RacerX10

I found a set of rear springs that have part number 68004255AA .. so i guess it would be a 55 vs 60 swap .. I wonder if that would drop the ass end 3/4" or so like I'm looking for ?

10abadilla/jk

Top Bottom