Landing in Vegas for DefCon in a couple hours

BlackKnight

I have the afternoon off. Anyone form the area that can give me pointers on what I should definitely see in the course of 6-8 hours after 1 pm?

Bob

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking to gamble, see a show, see the sights or a little of all of it if possible? :crazyeyes:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I land in Vegas once a week to caught a transfer flight to the OC, I never leave the airport :doh:

BlackKnight

Not a gambler normally. I may try a show. Definitely stopping by the venetian (sp) for the water show but told it's better at dusk/dark. In at the palms, but the con is at the Rio.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not a gambler normally. I may try a show. Definitely stopping by the venetian (sp) for the water show but told it's better at dusk/dark. In at the palms, but the con is at the Rio.

The water show you want is at the Bellagio and it is better at night. Not that the Venitian isn't nice too. With what little time you have I'd probably check in at the Palms maybe hit the pool. It's a little cooler in Vegas today (98), so I'd head to the strip (don't walk from the Palms, it is farther than it looks...ask me how I know) and walk around a bit and take in a nice dinner and a show. Have fun. :thumb:

swag247

6-8 hours is not much time, best advice is to taxi mid strip, drop in some place like The Margaritaville upper patio, grab a drink and some food and enjoy the day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The water show you want is at the Bellagio and it is better at night. Not that the Venitian isn't nice too. With what little time you have I'd probably check in at the Palms maybe hit the pool. It's a little cooler in Vegas today (98), so I'd head to the strip (don't walk from the Palms, it is farther than it looks...ask me how I know) and walk around a bit and take in a nice dinner and a show. Have fun. :thumb:

You've actually walked from the Palms to the strip?!! :eek: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

BlackKnight

Your right. It's the Belliagio I meant. I'll probably just. Hit the pool and then the bell after dusk by cab. How far is the rio from the palms? It looks like it's just across the street.

Skirmish

The Gold Coast is across from the Palms, the Rio is a couple blocks East. Neither hotel has anything very special to see.

The Fountains at Bellagio starts at 3 PM but will only run every half hour till dark. The Cosmo next door is a cool new place and just after that is City Center, also new with some very high class shopping and some more water feature elements.

A couple blocks north is the Link, another new area with cool restaurants, shops and the sky wheel called the High Roller. Stratosphere has three rides on top that will exercise your taint muscle but it is a few miles up.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
The Gold Coast is across from the Palms, the Rio is a couple blocks East. Neither hotel has anything very special to see.

The Fountains at Bellagio starts at 3 PM but will only run every half hour till dark. The Cosmo next door is a cool new place and just after that is City Center, also new with some very high class shopping and some more water feature elements.

A couple blocks north is the Link, another new area with cool restaurants, shops and the sky wheel called the High Roller. Stratosphere has three rides on top that will exercise your taint muscle but it is a few miles up.

I heard some of the employees at the Bellagio are a bunch of :asshat:. well actually just one really. ;)

Top Bottom