Kmc or dirty life?

Tallon713

I'm looking at some bead locks, kmc km 233 hex or the dirty life 9302m road kill.
What would you experts say and why? New to this, so any help is appreciated!

Ddays

Hooked
They're both nice wheels, but if I was picking from the two, I'd probably go with the KMC's. I've never run KMC's but have run ATX Slabs and Chamber Pros in the past, which are from the same parent company, Wheel Pros. Hard to beat their quality.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Another vote for the KMC. On my second set of machetes, the only reason for two was for 3 more lug nuts. The Hex look pretty nice, very "slab"ish. but with drain holes in the rings!

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had the Dirty Life Road Kills in non bead lock on my JK. They are a good wheel. The one thing I would say is the finish i.e. color could slightly vary. Other than that, they were a decent price, very strong and look good.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Wheels are largely an aesthetic choice. I.e., pick the one you think looks the best. If you actually wheel and expect to rub the wheel on rocks, etc., then consider ring thickness and also whether the ring bolts are recessed. Some wheels have thin rings that flex. Others have bolt heads the stick out and can get chewed up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wheels are largely an aesthetic choice. I.e., pick the one you think looks the best. If you actually wheel and expect to rub the wheel on rocks, etc., then consider ring thickness and also whether the ring bolts are recessed. Some wheels have thin rings that flex. Others have bolt heads the stick out and can get chewed up.
I would add that some wheels come with smaller diameter bolts as well and I have seen them break.

Another vote for KMC here as I've always been partial to their styling and overall look, as well as functionality. Quality is hard to beat IMO.

treys1

Love my Hex's. I actually wish they made them in 17" 8x6.5 so I could run a set on my CJ as well.

Tallon713

Thank you all for the information. I'm glad I asked but am now at a stand still. Was going to after the kmc hex but the bolt heads stick out. I've done some rubbing on my wheels and am afraid that I might mess up the bolt heads now. F×*k!

treys1

Thank you all for the information. I'm glad I asked but am now at a stand still. Was going to after the kmc hex but the bolt heads stick out. I've done some rubbing on my wheels and am afraid that I might mess up the bolt heads now. F×*k!

You are going to scratch up any bolt heads on a beadlock if you actually wheel IMO. Best to get what you like / fits and deal with it. My rings and bolts have taken a pretty good beating and are doing fine.

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_012854991~2.jpg
    PXL_20210321_012854991~2.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 19

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You are going to scratch up any bolt heads on a beadlock if you actually wheel IMO. Best to get what you like / fits and deal with it. My rings and bolts have taken a pretty good beating and are doing fine.
Well if the bolt head is recessed you won’t. Only if they are exposed like yours and some other options.

Top Bottom