Kc gravity® led pro 7

Andy5160

Hooked
All,

I was looking around the forum and could not find any info on the subject product.

I read in one of the treads that not all LED lights will melt the snow during winter time due to low temperature of the lens.

Please advise if any of you have subject lights and if they melt the snow during the wither.Any information will be helpful.

Thank you

Journeyman

I have the KC led's and haven't had an issue yet. But I've only driven through a few small snow storms. I believe the trucklights have a heated version to combat this problem.

Tree Frog

Had heard a lot of folks had problems with ice building up on the LED headlights. So it was kind of in the back of my head when I got my KC's.
Really it does not snow much here right where I live. Go north or south of here and it can get it on.

I put Vision X plastic shield stuff on my headlights and Gravity fogs over a year ago. This last year I got into a few good snowstorms as I went looking for it.
No problems at all. I stopped at one point and checked just to see. Standing at the front of my Jeep with the engine on you could feel the warm air coming out from under the hood, around the headlights.

Note Vision X also has a wax product that comes in a little bottle that you polish on the plastic film to help it resist UV and bugs. It makes the lens real slippery and shiny so it may help keep the ice from building up.
Idea was to protect the lens from rock chips.

I think the ice build up has a lot to do with certain conditions where it is the freezing slush crap. Almost better to find a hole to put up and drink coffee until it blows over.

Ddays

Hooked
I have the un-heated trucklites and have not had any issues yet. However, If I lived in an area with a lot of snow I would go with the heated version just to be on the safe side. If its snowing/Icing etc that hard that your lights are being covered its probably not a good situation having to get out of your vehicle to clean your headlights on the side of the road.

jcslax17

I live in Pittsburgh Pa so we get some good snows here.I have led headlights from lifetime led ( got them cheap off of craigslist) and they pack with snow and ice driving in snowy conditions, I'll be making the switch to the heated trucklites before winter sets in this year.

Top Bottom