Just call me Captain??

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Weatherman said possible rain after 6pm during the morning news, so I head to work with the top down and doorless. 11:45am I get word that it's pouring; fucking weathermen. By time I get Oscar inside, he has 2" to 3" of standing water in the foot wells. Do I need to be concerned about anything?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472591233.145854.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472591245.611989.jpg
Let the drying begin!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've had it happen. You can pull the drain plugs in the floor. If it's going to be sunny, the next few days, leave the top down & let it dry.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Had that happen a few times to me and most recently it was basically a hurricane that came thru. Pull the plugs and let it air dry in the future. If it starts to mildew them pull them and just give them a good scrub

Grubbicon

You will be fine. It happens to me all the time I just finally had to ditch the carpet cause it got to the point of smelling like pure crap. I have fried a aftermarket head unit though from water getting in it. Not sure how a factory one will hold up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472593318.888349.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've also heard you can lose the steering wheel electronics with rain. Not a bad idea to carry an extra garbage bag in the center console and throw it over the wheel if you get caught with your pants down (or top off as it were).

Grubbicon

I've also heard you can lose the steering wheel electronics with rain. Not a bad idea to carry an extra garbage bag in the center console and throw it over the wheel if you get caught with your pants down (or top off as it were).

Speaking of that i will say in the picture i posted after that much raining my horn was going off at random and i had to pull the fuse to get it to shut up lol. But didnt have any other problems other then that.

DannyD

I woke up to 2" of snow in my jeep once other than a soggy rear end there was no harm done it actually cleaned the dust put a bit haha. You should be fine, I don't have buttons on my steering wheel to wreak though

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I pulled 10 plugs while still at work and let it drain. The guys were calling me Captain for the rest of the day, you know, commander of the u-boat, haha. I already pulled the carpets mostly just to learn and see what's underneath and let them dry real good.
You will be fine. It happens to me all the time I just finally had to ditch the carpet cause it got to the point of smelling like pure crap. I have fried a aftermarket head unit though from water getting in it. Not sure how a factory one will hold up.
View attachment 220561
This picture made me pull the sub. Under the speaker there is an 11th plug and it has a baffle. I found a little water but not enough to make me do that again:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472603974.523395.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472603990.395298.jpg
The sad part is that I had my soft top with, just not up. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Other than flogging the weatherman you mean?
I've actually met our local weatherman and he lives just 8 blocks from my house. I may have to pay him a visit, haha!
I will say that after a few hours of pulling carpet, towel drying and vacuuming, Oscar is cleaner than ever inside! I'm going to let the carpet dry for a few days before reinstalling.

Thanks again guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks! I pulled 10 plugs while still at work and let it drain. The guys were calling me Captain for the rest of the day, you know, commander of the u-boat, haha. I already pulled the carpets mostly just to learn and see what's underneath and let them dry real good.

This picture made me pull the sub. Under the speaker there is an 11th plug and it has a baffle. I found a little water but not enough to make me do that again:
View attachment 220584
View attachment 220585

The sad part is that I had my soft top with, just not up. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I've actually met our local weatherman and he lives just 8 blocks from my house. I may have to pay him a visit, haha!

I will say that after a few hours of pulling carpet, towel drying and vacuuming, Oscar is cleaner than ever inside! I'm going to let the carpet dry for a few days before reinstalling.

Thanks again guys!

There are 12 total just FYI. 10 big and 2 small ones. Don't forget about the big one under the emergency jack. I did for a long time and it started to rust

sipafz

Caught the Bug
There are 12 total just FYI. 10 big and 2 small ones. Don't forget about the big one under the emergency jack. I did for a long time and it started to rust

Thanks! I did not pull the jack since it seamed to be pretty dry. Very good to know and I'm going to check it out!

Top Bottom