JT Lift to run 38's or 40's

Hey Jeep Fam,

Got a question. But first to delivery of a 2021 Hydro blue Gladiator about a week ago. Now first thing is want to lift. What lift height can I run with 38's and which lift height I can run with 40's and 20 inch wheels with no rubbing when wheeling? Thanks for some insight!

Thanks,
Frank

Attachments

• 20211113_100724.jpg
    20211113_100724.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 13

WJCO

Meme King
Hey Jeep Fam,

Got a question. But first to delivery of a 2021 Hydro blue Gladiator about a week ago. Now first thing is want to lift. What lift height can I run with 38's and which lift height I can run with 40's and 20 inch wheels with no rubbing when wheeling? Thanks for some insight!

Thanks,
Frank
Is that the max tow? Just curious what your plan is on axles to run the tires.

Yea me 2, Yea, sorry for got to mention that I am currently running dana 44 front and rear with 4.10 gears. I pre ordered this one with some added extras to start with. When it is done, hoping to come out west to do some wheeling back in Colorado, Utah and Arizona. I was in Colorado earlier this year after finishing my JK build did some wheeling out there for a wheel was a lot of fun.

Dale72

Hooked
Hey Jeep Fam,

Thanks,
Frank
Congratulations on the new JT

scruffy

Congrats on the new Jeep!

What Dale said. 👆👆

I'm running 4.5+ lift with 40's. Had a set of Ultimate Dana 60s' on it till my long awaited Dynartac Pro Rock 60/80's showed up after more than a year of waiting. Can't believe they actually showed up. They have now been switched out with the Dana 60s'. They actually fit. They're .5 in narrower than the Dana's 68.5" vs 69". I didn't want to go to the wide axle option (72 in) which made for a tight fit with tire clearance . With 4.5 backspacing we had to do some trimming. If they haven't already been sold the like new Ultimate Dana 60s' are for sale/ 1000 mainly road miles on them. 5.38 gearing with Eaton lockers.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm running 4.5+ lift with 40's. Had a set of Ultimate Dana 60s' on it till my long awaited Dynartac Pro Rock 60/80's showed up after more than a year of waiting. Can't believe they actually showed up. They have now been switched out with the Dana 60s'. They actually fit. They're .5 in narrower than the Dana's 68.5" vs 69". I didn't want to go to the wide axle option (72 in) which made for a tight fit with tire clearance . With 4.5 backspacing we had to do some trimming. If they haven't already been sold the like new Ultimate Dana 60s' are for sale/ 1000 mainly road miles on them. 5.38 gearing with Eaton lockers.
You bought 2 sets of axles for your build? How much you looking for for the Dana Twins?

Hey scruffy,

Are you now running pro Rock 60/80's? What width did you go with? And what gears are you running?

Thanks,
Frank

scruffy

You bought 2 sets of axles for your build? How much you looking for for the Dana Twins?
Yeh, I know it's hard to believe. I Was trying to get this JT put together so I could use it this past summer. It was over a year just trying to get all the pieces together. I gave up on seeing the Dynatracs in my lifetime. I knew I could probably sell the Danas. Rockworx has the Danas' and I know there were two people interested in them before we even had them off. I need to check in with Rockworx and see If they've been sold. I'm back in Florida till next summer and the JT is in Colorado. I won't even see the JT agin till next summer. It's also got a Overland Atlas popup topper on it. I've got plans for it in the future.
Hey scruffy,

Are you now running pro Rock 60/80's? What width did you go with? And what gears are you running?

Thanks,
Frank
The pro rock 60/80's have just been installed. 68.5" width and 5.38 gearing

scruffy

I recognize those spots. How'd the JT do getting out of the water there?

Holy Cross trail in Co. JT did great. It would climb up anything. Just had to learn not to drive it like a JK. The breakover got me hung up once and the turning radius made it more challenging sometimes. It handled great with the topper on it. The Patagonia milestars were not my choice for tires but I have to admit they worked great offroad. I'll go to Nitto's when I can get some. They Evo suspension kit seems to work well, pretty happy with it so far.

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Holy Cross trail in Co. JT did great. It would climb up anything. Just had to learn not to drive it like a JK. The breakover got me hung up once and the turning radius made it more challenging sometimes. It handled great with the topper on it. The Patagonia milestars were not my choice for tires but I have to admit they worked great offload. I'll go to Nitto's when I can get some. They Evo suspension kit seems to work well, pretty happy with it so far.
Glad to hear the JT did great! Its amazing what a proper built Gladiator can do.

scruffy

How are you liking those LOD sliders, all I read is that they are more of a step than a slider even with the skid. The step is something my wife would definitely love.
I bought them for the steps and they work well, but I'm probably going to change them to something stronger. I"m afraid with JT break over limitation and the way I plan on using this they are not strong enough.

Top Bottom