JL Folded Windshield Down

Had the windshield down to install the shade today and thought I'd take some pics with the windshield down.

View attachment 363225 View attachment 363226 View attachment 363227
The folded window made a lot more sense on my CJ-5. The window just does not look right when folded down on newer jeeps. Not to mention that a major reason to fold it down would be to travel under low trees and brush. Low trees and brush would scratch up the interior because it is not metal any more.

Does anyone still really do this any more?

WJCO

Meme King
The folded window made a lot more sense on my CJ-5. The window just does not look right when folded down on newer jeeps. Not to mention that a major reason to fold it down would be to travel under low trees and brush. Low trees and brush would scratch up the interior because it is not metal any more.

Does anyone still really do this any more?
I've never even thought or considered doing it. I just had it down to install the shade and snapped some pics. Mark Allen said when they introduced this new model that the windshield had to fold down just because that's what Jeep has always done. I think it's cool but certainly not practical.

CalSgt

Hooked
Mark Allen said when they introduced this new model that the windshield had to fold down just because that's what Jeep has always done.
The guy I watched flop his JK the other day will be happy it has a fold down windshield when its time to pay the body shop for repairs...

Looked like all he needed was a new cage, windshield frame and a hood maybe, hood was fixable but probably cheaper to buy a new one than pay for labor. Dude had some but ugly body armor with built in fenders (smittybilt maybe) that took the brunt of everything and held up really well. The armor, front stinger, and sport cage saved that thing

Top Bottom