JK Airbag Recall

Ddays

Hooked
I guarantee they printed it on the spot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, that makes much more sense. Still, that's spooky. Who exactly is driving through parking lots that has a license plate reader to know this?
There are a lot of Police Dept's near me that can't even afford these plate readers

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yeah, that makes much more sense. Still, that's spooky. Who exactly is driving through parking lots that has a license plate reader to know this?
There are a lot of Police Dept's near me that can't even afford these plate readers

I think the VIN plate is visable to anyone. The dealership hires some kid to cruise around looking for vehicles that have recalls. He punches the VIN into a laptop that contains recall service records and they can tell immediately whether you’ve had the service or not. I doubt PD has anything to do with this. More likely some enterprising dealership trying to drum up work for the service department. Get you in for the free recall service then up sell you to the $400 injector cleaner service, $500 transfer case flush, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Are the 2012s a part of this recall? I don’t think I’ve gotten anything in the mail about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
if i'm reading correctly, those of you with the Rock Hard sport cage, removing the bar that runs across the dash is all that needs to come off?

I need to get mine in and have put it off thinking I need to remove the entire cage.

Does anyone know if they had to flash the ECU?

fiend

Caught the Bug
if i'm reading correctly, those of you with the Rock Hard sport cage, removing the bar that runs across the dash is all that needs to come off?

I need to get mine in and have put it off thinking I need to remove the entire cage.

I don’t think you need to remove any of the cage. The airbags are in the steering wheel (driver) and under a dash panel (passenger). I’m pretty sure the latter can be removed without messing with the cage cross bar.

jeeeep

Hooked
I don’t think you need to remove any of the cage. The airbags are in the steering wheel (driver) and under a dash panel (passenger). I’m pretty sure the latter can be removed without messing with the cage cross bar.

good news! guess i'll schedule it and they can stop robo-calling me twice a week...also just received my weekly mailer reminder :doh:

blazer

Caught the Bug
Yes, I agree on the up sale. Twice on recalls my former dealer tried to up sale me for brakes, trans fluid change, and oil change. And once tried to tell me I needed to pay $80 for alignment after the clock spring recall. I then called out the dealer
manager who watched me align the tie rod to straighten out the steering wheel. Former dealer, since here in So Cal
there's a Jeep dealer every 20 miles or so.

jesse3638

Hooked

I'm pretty sure they have to flash the ECU because when I got mine back the tpms light was on. I used my procal to set them to 0 as I don't have tpms valve stems. Also my speedo is off again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

ssh6314

Not sure if they HAVE to pull the entire dash, but my dealership did pull the whole dash out when they did it 6 months ago, I watched them do it.

Wasn't a long job.

As far as the ECU, I'm not sure if they flashed it or not, they definitely pulled the battery while doing the job etc. but I flashed my ECU to stock before taking it in (always) just in case.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Not sure if they HAVE to pull the entire dash, but my dealership did pull the whole dash out when they did it 6 months ago, I watched them do it.

Wasn't a long job.

As far as the ECU, I'm not sure if they flashed it or not, they definitely pulled the battery while doing the job etc. but I flashed my ECU to stock before taking it in (always) just in case.

damn.

well, i'll take it in and if they tell me I need to remove it I'll reschedule.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Great, I just got this in the mail! Sounds like they are having the same metal fragment problem Subaru were having. Maybe they can fix my AC/Heat recirculation door while they are in there.

Attachments

• 20210928_101938.jpg
    20210928_101938.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 12

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
It’s a metal fragment issue on the passenger side. Apparently a screen on the passenger airbag. I just let a dealer have it. Took about 1 1/2 hours. They removed my whole dash.

desertrunner

Are the 2012s a part of this recall? I don’t think I’ve gotten anything in the mail about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
i have been getting notices, phone calls, emails etc for my 2012....
its finally going in Friday for the recall and with no passenger seat installed i bet the techs will enjoy that haha

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Bump from the dead.

Can anyone confirm the rockhard4x4 cage can remain in the jeep for the passenger airbag recall? Trying to get this taken care of while I'm off work. I already called my local dealer (River Oaks Jeep here in Houston) the service guy who answered the phone couldn't answer pretty basic questions...

Top Bottom