Jeep weight.

Brute

Hooked
What's fuel consumption? Never heard of such a thing...

I'm thinking of changing the fuel gauge face to show $$$ instead of full/empty...

If I drive reasonable & under 60 mph, I average around 14 mpg...but above 75, I'm getting 10 mpg...and on the trail, about 4.5 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm thinking of changing the fuel gauge face to show $$$ instead of full/empty...

If I drive reasonable & under 60 mph, I average around 14 mpg...but above 75, I'm getting 10 mpg...and on the trail, about 4.5 mpg

:cheesy: that fuel gauge would be great.. now If you could get the speedo to show $-$$$$$ depending on speed :thumb:

The BAD Influence

Jeep Weight?

I had the opportunity to weigh our Jeep. No cargo and half a tank of gas. It was 5200 lbs. I am guessing I've added around 1200 lbs with bumpers, winch, tires, control arms, brakes, sliders...etc. About the only thing still stock are the axles. Besides living in the mountains, and driving the canyons, plus the extra weight has convinced me that 5.13 gears are what I'm getting with the new axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Curb weight of a stock Sahara Unlimited is 4,294 so you've only added about a thousand pounds. Not too bad. :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh, I weighed mine on a CAT scale last year and with all my mods and gear I was at 5900# :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, I weighed mine on a CAT scale last year and with all my mods and gear I was at 5900# :naw:

That's still not too bad.

20170512190529-53b28431.jpg

20170512190528-0404c3f4-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:crazyeyes: I would imagine the LS & auto weigh roughly the same as the V6? If so the balance would be in the 40's and bigger axles? And a little more for the DTD/Evo Lever too?

Yup, the LS and auto trans is about the same as the old 3.8L, maybe 50 lbs. heavier. The real weight comes from the PR60, PR80 and wheels and tires that weigh about 170 each. Among other things, one of the main reasons why we now run half doors is to help reduce some of Moby's weight. :crazyeyes:

Brute

Hooked
:crazyeyes: I would imagine the LS & auto weigh roughly the same as the V6? If so the balance would be in the 40's and bigger axles? And a little more for the DTD/Evo Lever too?

Is that weight (6900) fully loaded for a trip?

Exodus 4x4

Yup, the LS and auto trans is about the same as the old 3.8L, maybe 50 lbs. heavier. The real weight comes from the PR60, PR80 and wheels and tires that weigh about 170 each. Among other things, one of the main reasons why we now run half doors is to help reduce some of Moby's weight. :crazyeyes:

Ouch! With me running builders corners with flares on mine I’m well over that. Guess I need to throw the half doors on

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Weighed Stitch

Stopped by the local truck stop w/ CAT Scales, weighed Stitch.

New, Stitch was 4,450. Since then, he's had various electronics added, armor, steel bumpers, winch, leveling lift, mount platform for fridge (not currently loaded). Haven't gotten to axles, 37s or what-have-you, where some _serious_ gains would be found.

My estimate was a 600 lbs gain. Actually, 5,220, about 770 lb gain. That is fully fueled (just before weighing). No idea if factory spec was dry weight or curb weight though. Thought it interesting.

This year's round of upgrades will likely add another 100 lbs. Going to need to think about new springs, whether we do a lift of not. Stitch rides about 1" lower these days.

Does anybody keep an eye on this when doing mods or loading up for a trip?

I recently went on a week long camping trip and began to wonder how much my jeep weighed. No scales handy, so I added up all my mods by either using the manufacturers claimed, what I could weigh and best guess. Then weighed all of my gear that I carried on the trip including water and food and additional fuel.
Without having an actual weight of the jeep, I went with what Jeep claims for my '15 JKU and it looks like I might be about 100 lbs over gross weight.

Has anybody actually weighed their ride?

Top Bottom