Jacked up

resqd1

More times than not, bottle jacks will leak from the bleeder valve. You can replace the o-rings with chemical resistant ones but depending on how it's machined, it may or may not fix the leak.
So store with it on it side and that up?

Fishfam_jku

Caught the Bug
echoing what most have said. Bottle Jack.
2E4D8146-E79F-4B42-8FC6-30C8B6B074C6.jpeg
Came in very hand on my last trip. Exact instance I went to a bottle jack happened.
Lodged a huge rock on some skids and a maxed out highlift couldn't overcome the flex of the modified suspension. That little $50 bottle jack came in clutch. Lifted the jeep, stacked some rocks and drove off with the bottle jack in place. No issue.

jeeeep

Hooked
More times than not, bottle jacks will leak from the bleeder valve. You can replace the o-rings with chemical resistant ones but depending on how it's machined, it may or may not fix the leak.
I've gone thru a few inexpensive 6 ton bottle jacks because I stored them on their side, even with bleeder valve up they all leaked.

I replaced the o-rings with better o-rings but the sizes they use must not be standard in metric nor US.

It really sucks when you need it and then you find that it's leaked and will not work.

I keep the scissor jack and AEV jack base as backup

Kenney

1664492206990.png Sometime you forget where the Sizer Jack is hiding.
I think jacking up the jeep is pretty easy with the stock jack I just bring a block for the 37's
1664493081907.png 1664493101874.png

Last edited:

GP NOIR

Hooked
I keep a Harbor Freight 20 ton pneumatic/hydraulic bottle jack in my JK. It’s big, it’s heavy and has a good amount of height. It’s been in the Jeep since February, stored vertically and so far, hasn’t leaked. I bought it because a cheap jack now is better than a higher quality jack later when I can afford it.

After my experiences with High Lifts, I’m in no hurry to get another. High Lifts can be dangerous.

I really dislike scissor jacks. They are a pain to operate and unstable. My wife helped me work on her GC. She jacked up her Jeep, using the scissor jack and the bottle jack. When we were done, she said “I want a bottle jack for my Jeep.” It wasn’t a request.

Bottle jacks, jack pads and jack adaptors are the way to go.

Top Bottom