Issue with TPMS sensor

RCC

I recently finished up my 2021 JT lift/wheels/etc.

After completion my drivers side rear will not read either of the 2 TPMS sensors I’ve tried. It’s my understanding that the sensor for the rear sensors sits on a cross member high up under the bed. This sensor was removed during the build but was put back exactly the way it was.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this?

WJCO

Meme King
No signs of rubbed/pinched wires? Seems weird that the LR wouldn't read but the RR still would.

JKbrick

I wonder if you unhook the battery and touch the pos and neg wires together if it would reset

RCC

No signs of rubbed/pinched wires? Seems weird that the LR wouldn't read but the RR still would.

I thought maybe I had a bad sensor but I replaced it, still wont pick up. Ive looked at the wiring and everything appears to be perfect.

Andy5160

Hooked
Have you played with TPMS through Tazer? Shooting in teh dark here but try to unmarry the Tazer and see if it works. Did you upgrade teh software before the installation?

RCC

Have you played with TPMS through Tazer? Shooting in teh dark here but try to unmarry the Tazer and see if it works. Did you upgrade teh software before the installation?

Unmarried and reinstalled. Problem is I cannot drive it with out the tazer.

RCC

No kidding. If anything, RR wouldn't read because it's the furthest sensor and always has trouble.

I hate to ask dumb questions but are the sensors sensitive enough that being relocated to bigger offset wheel would through them off?

I wouldnt think this is the case as there a few JT's out there with the same set up as mine.

onlyone

I hate to ask dumb questions but are the sensors sensitive enough that being relocated to bigger offset wheel would through them off?

I wouldnt think this is the case as there a few JT's out there with the same set up as mine.
No that wouldn’t be an issue. I will say after getting my new wheels I ordered sensors for the latter build gladiator which mine is, and they didn’t work. I had to have them removed from my old wheels. Did you order new sensors on those two wheels?

RCC

No that wouldn’t be an issue. I will say after getting my new wheels I ordered sensors for the latter build gladiator which mine is, and they didn’t work. I had to have them removed from my old wheels. Did you order new sensors on those two wheels?

Its the location not the sensors. The tires that won’t read will rear in every other location.

Top Bottom