Installing drag link flip and track bar mount?

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
My Jeep already has an adjustable track bar with a 4.5in lift. If I measured right its settled at 4in of lift.

I'm about to order a RHD drag link, sleeve adapter and Track bar relocation bracket. What measurements do I need to get the track bar the correct length when reinstalling it?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
My Jeep already has an adjustable track bar with a 4.5in lift. If I measured right its settled at 4in of lift.

I'm about to order a RHD drag link, sleeve adapter and Track bar relocation bracket. What measurements do I need to get the track bar the correct length when reinstalling it?

I would say whatever a tape measure says once your axle is centered side to side,(at ride height) at the same time raising your track-bar to as close to parallel to your drag-link. Flipped. If I remember correctly I just used steering wheel or ratchet strap to move jeep side to side until centered. Then just made track bar fit to that location. If that makes any sense.

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
I would say whatever a tape measure says once your axle is centered side to side,(at ride height) at the same time raising your track-bar to as close to parallel to your drag-link. Flipped. If I remember correctly I just used steering wheel or ratchet strap to move jeep side to side until centered. Then just made track bar fit to that location. If that makes any sense.

What did you measure to make sure the axle was centered?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
What did you measure to make sure the axle was centered?

I think I just used a 4' level off the tire and measured from the plumb level to the fender. So I probably did use the ratchet strap method. Probably more accurate ways to do it, but worked for me. Maybe a straight edge clamped to the rotor or something.

Edit But then your not sitting on the ground. Just find the same tire lug or between lugs on both front tires.

Last edited:

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
I think I just used a 4' level off the tire and measured from the plumb level to the fender. So I probably did use the ratchet strap method. Probably more accurate ways to do it, but worked for me. Maybe a straight edge clamped to the rotor or something.

Edit But then your not sitting on the ground. Just find the same tire lug or between lugs on both front tires.

Thanks for the help

Top Bottom