I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
All new vehicles have a black box of sorts that tracks and stores all sorts of information. But it sucks that they are actively having two-way communication with the vehicles to grab the info.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I don't know if anyone else is getting these but I just got an email from Jeep and it was to provide me with a Vehicle Health Report on the new 392 JL Wrangler that Cindy and I just bought. What's really creepy is that they've clearly tapped into it's computer via satellite to gather the information that they got. I mean, there's no other way they could know how many miles on on the odometer or what the PSI of my tires are and I just verified as much. Check it out...

View attachment 376387

I don't ever recall getting reports like this in the past and I don't recall ever signing up or agreeing to having them Big Brother our Jeep in this way. In any case, I don't like it and if anyone knows how to turn this shit off, I'd be grateful if you could please let me know. Thanks!

Big brother IS watching you!! 😉

All you gotta do is get rid of your cell phone, wi-fi, iGadgets, computers, and any car made in the last 20 years. Don’t send any emails, texts, or voice calls. 🤣😂

1656199076052.jpeg

1656199158984.jpeg

Andy5160

Hooked
I believe it all has to do with Sirius XM Guardian which is preinstalled on a new Jeep. After a year they ask to renew the subscription. It is about $260 a year. It might stop if not renewed after a year but I am not sure.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What’s even crazier. In a year or six months. You’ll get emails saying they will disable your ability to start the engine, unlock doors and get the health report unless you subscribe(pay).
It’s all bullshit to me.
Only from the app. Can still do it with the key fob (unlike the Lexus we used to own😡).

Lord60

I still get that Uconnect shit in my email. If you figure how to get out of that telemetry crap, let me know.
I let mine expire and didn't opt to renew a subscription, and while I lost access to some things, that report still tunes into my private info.
I'm hoping that when the Jeep Wave runs out after the three oil changes/tire rotations, it stops, but I'm not optimistic on it

I still get that Uconnect shit in my email. If you figure how to get out of that telemetry crap, let me know.
I let mine expire and didn't opt to renew a subscription, and while I lost access to some things, that report still tunes into my private info.
I'm hoping that when the Jeep Wave runs out after the three oil changes/tire rotations, it stops, but I'm not optimistic on it
Speaking of. Has anyone actually used the three free oil changes?

Speaking of. Has anyone actually used the three free oil changes?
I used the oil changes and rotations. I wanted 5 tire rotations and rotated every 2200 or 4400 miles. It turns out that they often did 4 tire rotations rather than 5. One of my tires has half the tread depth remaining than the others (very even wear) and I am wondering how that is possible given the many rotations?

So I am excessively lazy and as a result I don't really know what was done to my vehicle.

While in the shop they do take care of recalls and check engine codes, which seems good.

Top Bottom