Hydro assist

Joey_91

Hey guys! Looking foward to put Hydro assist on my jku rubicon 2015! Should I go with west texas or spend the money and go with PSC

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I think drilling and tapping your own box and going with a PSC ram and hose kit is really a great place to start. And you can build off that system as you go if you want. Snag an oil cooler from summit (cheaper than the exact part PSC sells) and call it a day. Been running that setup for 2 years pushing 39’s and now 38’s. Bound up, locked, 6 psi… works great.

If you want details on what you’ll need and where to drill PM me. I’m happy to help with info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys! Looking foward to put Hydro assist on my jku rubicon 2015! Should I go with west texas or spend the money and go with PSC
I run PSC on all my rigs and mainly because I've always found them to work well. While I have no experience with West Texas, I haven't heard anything about them or even companies like Redneck Ram.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For what it’s worth, I think drilling and tapping your own box and going with a PSC ram and hose kit is really a great place to start. And you can build off that system as you go if you want. Snag an oil cooler from summit (cheaper than the exact part PSC sells) and call it a day. Been running that setup for 2 years pushing 39’s and now 38’s. Bound up, locked, 6 psi… works great.

If you want details on what you’ll need and where to drill PM me. I’m happy to help with info.
This is always a good way to go too.

Joey_91

Heu guys do I need the full kit of PSC to run 37/13.5/17. I am looking foward to put hydro assi but don’t know what to do? Long term do the steering box will blow haha what’s your opinion on that guys? Is thats pSC a good kit?

Colorado4x4

I will be hitting you up for details at some point! I’ve got other mods, like control arms, waiting for funding (which I have none of at this point).

If you are ok with spending the money, the PSC kit works well. I have been running mine for about 4 or 5 years now with zero issues. Two main reasons I like this route is you get the upgraded steering box and a bigger pump to help eliminate any lag.

If you are ok with spending the money, the PSC kit works well. I have been running mine for about 4 or 5 years now with zero issues. Two main reasons I like this route is you get the upgraded steering box and a bigger pump to help eliminate any lag.
100% this. That is one drawback to the DIY kit… unless you run at least the PSC pump, there is some lag when going slow in parking lots or having to maneuver one direction to the other at slow speeds.

Joey_91

Hey guys I was wondering with this kit if I need to buy some other thing? On some web site they talk about hardware if I’m running Synergy on others they don’t. Little bit confused. Try to reach or lookup on PSC webside and don’t see this kit there so egat do you guys think?

Attachments

• 0A0C73DA-2EF7-47B1-8F6E-A9E64A10AEC7.jpeg
    0A0C73DA-2EF7-47B1-8F6E-A9E64A10AEC7.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 4
  • D14C33B0-335F-4FBD-BD8D-A23F8DD9BDBD.jpeg
    D14C33B0-335F-4FBD-BD8D-A23F8DD9BDBD.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey guys I was wondering with this kit if I need to buy some other thing? On some web site they talk about hardware if I’m running Synergy on others they don’t. Little bit confused. Try to reach or lookup on PSC webside and don’t see this kit there so egat do you guys think?
The kit you posted has everything you need. If you are running the Synergy Mfg. front track bar brace, you, you have to use a different hardware for the steering box as the bolts the kit includes will be too short. Part# HWK-688-PP for the bolts. If you DO NOT have the brace, then don't worry about it.

I would also suggest going with kit SK688R36JP1-6.75W. This is the same as the one you posted BUT for an aftermarket front D44 axle and just doesn't include the PSC bolt-on mount for the ram. I always prefer installing a new weld-on front track bar bracket so you can then position and weld on the tabs for the ram yourself for strength. But, you can do the bolt on kit if you like.

Top Bottom