Hutchinson wheels

Joker2/3

Just wondering about Hutchinson wheels, can anyone list out some pro/cons for me? I'm also looking at the Method MV wheels, from what I have heard they are very strong and light. How heavy are the Hutchinsons? I'm going for 17"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've always loved the looks of Rockmonsters. That said, I probably wouldn't get them because of air leaks and they aren't a true beadlock. I've also been told they can spin in the tires at low pressure.

DA RUNT

I couldn't find anything on weight, just specs:

Model: WA-0594
Wheel Size: 17 x 8.5"
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 5.0"
Lug Nut Style: 60 Degree Acorn
Hub Bore (Dia.): 2.81" (71.5mm)
Load Rating: 2,300 lbs. @ 60 PSI
Backspacing: 4.63" (117.6mm)
Construction: Cast Aluminum Alloy
Center Cap: Snap-In (Included)

edit: Are you looking for a beadlock wheel?

Joker2/3

Dang I didn't know they leaked at low air pressure. And the bead lock would be nice, I think method offers that but are you able to take it off to make them road legal?

DA RUNT

Dang I didn't know they leaked at low air pressure. And the bead lock would be nice, I think method offers that but are you able to take it off to make them road legal?

The methods NV's aren't beadlocks, they have a "street-loc" ring which just simulates a true beadlock. They are 100% street legal.

jeeeep

Hooked
Take a look at the Discount Tire thread regarding their new Level 8 Pro wheels to be announced as available soon :thumb:

Mikead40

If you want DOT "legal" beadlocks, check these out. I'll be putting mine on the end of this week the end of this week, so I don't have personal experience yet, but from what I'm reading they're a great product. There is a 3 part clamp on the inside of the wheel that locks the bead to the inside of the rim. This is why DOT legality doesn't apply. Off road they can be aired down as low as you want to go and the clamps keeps the outer bead seated.

http://www.badwheelsinc.com/

Also, here's a thread that got started when this company was discovered at SEMA in 2012

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ssist-Device-Eklipse-17-Wheels&highlight=sema

:beer:

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

If you want DOT "legal" beadlocks, check these out. I'll be putting mine on the end of this week the end of this week, so I don't have personal experience yet, but from what I'm reading they're a great product. There is a 3 part clamp on the inside of the wheel that locks the bead to the inside of the rim. This is why DOT legality doesn't apply. Off road they can be aired down as low as you want to go and the clamps keeps the inner bead seated.

Also, here's a thread that got started when this company was discovered at SEMA a year or so ago

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ssist-Device-Eklipse-17-Wheels&highlight=sema

What did you pay for these and where did you pick them up? Their website is garbage.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Mikead40

What did you pay for these and where did you pick them up? Their website is garbage.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Just give the guy a call - it's a nascent company and he runs it by himself...he's got a lot of off-road experience but not a lot of website design experience I guess :idontknow: He definitely prefers to do business over the phone.

864-491-04387 - it's his cell phone. His name is Kevin.

I paid $360/wheel, which included the rapid airdown valve. The sacrificial rock rings (optional) are $90 each. He shipped via UPS directly to me.

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

Just give the guy a call - it's a nascent company and he runs it by himself...he's got a lot of off-road experience but not a lot of website design experience I guess :idontknow: He definitely prefers to do business over the phone.

864-491-04387 - it's his cell phone. His name is Kevin.

I paid $360/wheel, which included the rapid airdown valve. The sacrificial rock rings (optional) are $90 each. He shipped via UPS directly to me.

Thanks for the info brother. Maybe I'll have to approach him about rebuilding his site while I'm at it. Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

jeeeep

Hooked
did you get a response? I tried to get information, filled out the contact info on the website and left vm on the number - never got any response back.

Mikead40

did you get a response? I tried to get information, filled out the contact info on the website and left vm on the number - never got any response back.

I'm surprised - Try calling him in the afternoon. He seems to be a bit of a night-owl type, and I don't think I was ever able to get in touch with him in the morning. I know he's getting incredibly busy with some large orders too (from what he said). Everytime I tried calling him he either answered or got back to me within a day. I'm sure that as his business continues to take off, he'll end up getting some people in to help him out, but right now I get the impression that he's doing everything from wheel assembly, to boxing & shipping, plus handling all the administrative tasks of running a new small business.
Anyway, as soon as I get these wheels mounted, I'll plan on taking them out and knocking them around a bit and hopefully then I'll have more insight & will post a review with some pics.

To the OP - Sorry, brother, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Sminkey

co holy cross old mining camp 14'.jpg
I've been running 17" Hutchinsons for 2 years now and will never run a different wheel. These have been the best investment next to ARB lockers. I forget how much they weigh, just over 50#'s each. I run 35" BFG KM2's and wheel/tire weight is 125#. I run 4-5 psi on hard trails and my rig has blown people away because of the traction it has. Made in NJ and they also produce the beadlocks our military uses. There not cheap,but the only wheel I'll have to buy for years and they look awesome(IMO).

Sharkey

Word Ninja
View attachment 98466
I've been running 17" Hutchinsons for 2 years now and will never run a different wheel. These have been the best investment next to ARB lockers. I forget how much they weigh, just over 50#'s each. I run 35" BFG KM2's and wheel/tire weight is 125#. I run 4-5 psi on hard trails and my rig has blown people away because of the traction it has. Made in NJ and they also produce the beadlocks our military uses. There not cheap,but the only wheel I'll have to buy for years and they look awesome(IMO).

Don't get me wrong, these are probably my favorite looking wheel. But, it's from people in the military that I have heard about the wheels spinning in tires at low pressure.

upnover

If you want DOT "legal" beadlocks, check these out. I'll be putting mine on the end of this week the end of this week, so I don't have personal experience yet, but from what I'm reading they're a great product. There is a 3 part clamp on the inside of the wheel that locks the bead to the inside of the rim. This is why DOT legality doesn't apply. Off road they can be aired down as low as you want to go and the clamps keeps the outer bead seated.

Also, here's a thread that got started when this company was discovered at SEMA in 2012

Saw these in person today, they are awesome.

Munday

I loved my Hutchinson Double Beadlocks .... Worked awesome and would still be running them but when I went to the PR60's I changed because of the bolt pattern..... I also scored a good deal on a new set if Walker Evens in a package deal with the crated PR60 that I picked up off a guy that was going a different direction . Had I not gotten a good deal on the wheels , I'm sure I would have picked up another set for the new axles..... Actually thinking of getting another set and selling the Walkers not that I have any issues with them .... They are a great wheel as well. I was also thinking of getting a second set of tires and wheeling a few different set ups .
jesyjy6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom