Hinged tire carrier for 40” tire with smittybuilt xrc corners

Gecko13

Hello I posted a while back about removing the xrc stuff and going another route. After some research I don’t think it’s worth all the headaches to switch out. Having said that what hinged tire carrier will work with a 40” tire and the xrc armor?

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you’re talking about body mount, Genright might work. I’m running that over PSC corner armor. IMG_4756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

Genright or Evo are about your only really good choices. Having both I feel the Evo is stronger but the Genright is better thought out and more user-friendly.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I don't think you're going to find a "hinged" carrier rated for a 40. The Evo is rated and maxed out at 37".

I've also had the Evo body mount and friends with the genright. I would use other of those for a 40.

I had the Evo hinged, then wanted to be bad ass, so put on the corner armor and body mount carrier with a 37". However the jeep is my daily driver and I was doing a lot of camping at the time. I was getting tired of messing with the pins and needing a cargo strap to hold the carrier open if I wasn't level, etc so I sold it and bought another Evo hinged carrier (shouldn't have sold the first one). I'm currently on 35's so it's perfect. If I were to run 40's, I'd go back to the body mount for sure.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I believe that the Evo carrier will carry up to a 40. Mel ran 40s on Spicy Chicken which had 40s on a EVO hinged carrier.

IMG_5405.jpg

I run the AEV hinged carrier that is rated up to 40s.

IMG_3642.jpg

You could adapt that carrier to the EVO bumper delete, I think.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

zimm

Caught the Bug
From EVO's website:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.51.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.51.43 PM.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 107

fiend

Caught the Bug
Woah, you’re right. They look like the same damn thing. Worthwhile purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think so.

My hitch receiver was getting pretty chewed up and this thing protects that. It hit it with a rattle can periodically so it doesn’t get rusty and crappy looking.

It also serves as a handy step to make it easier to get into my fridge, which sits pretty high on a Tuffy deck.

It doesn’t stick out as far as some other designs, like a stinger, and so maybe doesn’t provide the same degree of protection. But I’m happy with it.

I pretty much just leave it on all the time, with a locking pin.

JK_0311

From EVO's website:

That must be new or somewhat new from when I emailed them last year or in 2019 (can’t remember when). I asked if the hinged carrier could handle 40s and referenced the Spicy Chicken build, they said only up to 37s.

Glad to see they updated the rating.

KrawlerJK

Genright tire carrier

That must be new or somewhat new from when I emailed them last year or in 2019 (can’t remember when). I asked if the hinged carrier could handle 40s and referenced the Spicy Chicken build, they said only up to 37s.

Glad to see they updated the rating.

I have the Genright Swing out tire carrier with a 40 in it and the smittybilt armor. It just needed some “custom” fitting...

Attachments

• CC01B5A8-70EE-48D8-9936-2C705B366364.jpg
    CC01B5A8-70EE-48D8-9936-2C705B366364.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 59

DetConU

I have the Evo, and it’s always had a 40 hung on it with no problems

Attachments

• B79A4DCB-D417-48B7-A042-6EFB557BDAEE.jpeg
    B79A4DCB-D417-48B7-A042-6EFB557BDAEE.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom