HighwayTrout's build

These new low emission diesels chew thru DEF.
They do indeed. We’ll see if it improves after break in or gets worse. So far I’m impartial to the def thing. I’d rather it not be a thing but it’s here at stay unfortunately. Having to add two jugs at almost 6k miles didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.
First impressions would you buy the diesel again?
Absolutely. Only other option for me would be a 392. I am not a fan of the 3.6.

That's pretty good really. Glad to see your cranking some good miles!
Not bad. On a couple tanks of fuel I averaged almost 27 mpg on a long drives with the cruise control set. But it usually hovers around 20 with my wife and I driving it shuttling our kid around.

Dale72

Hooked
They do indeed. We’ll see if it improves after break in or gets worse. So far I’m impartial to the def thing. I’d rather it not be a thing but it’s here at stay unfortunately. Having to add two jugs at almost 6k miles didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.

Absolutely. Only other option for me would be a 392. I am not a fan of the 3.6.
You can get the DEF from the diesel pumps at the truck stop. It's cheaper

benatc1

Hooked
Not bad. On a couple tanks of fuel I averaged almost 27 mpg on a long drives with the cruise control set. But it usually hovers around 20 with my wife and I driving it shuttling our kid around.
27 is pretty awesome on long drives. I'm pulling about 14.5 at 7500 miles now lol, but 37s have a direct effect on that.

I know what you mean! 🤣 I did the same on our JL and for the same reason 👍🏻
Oh. And by the way. I have a bone to pick with you. You made this install look so damn easy!!!

Routing all the wires took some serious thought and time. The splicing was fun when I counted 7 leads and realized I didn’t route one of the rear most lights. 🤣
I was getting excited thinking just a few more minutes and I’ll be done. Thank god I counted before I hooked it all together. 🤦‍♂️

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. And by the way. I have a bone to pick with you. You made this install look so damn easy!!!

Routing all the wires took some serious thought and time. The splicing was fun when I counted 7 leads and realized I didn’t route one of the rear most lights. 🤣
I was getting excited thinking just a few more minutes and I’ll be done. Thank god I counted before I hooked it all together. 🤦‍♂️
LOL - oh man, definitely a good thing you counted before wrapping things up.

Dale72

Hooked

Everything he does looks really easy, but when we do that it's a BIG PITA

Top Bottom