HighwayTrout's build

WJCO

Meme King
I was hoping and figured that is the case. There is no where for the hardware to go. Makes you scratch your head though when all is done and you see a pile left over. 🤣
If the winch is secured to the frame and the winch has those 4 bolts underneath, you should be good.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Damn Amazon and Switch Pros too.

You order a tube of toothpaste and it arrives with no less than two boxes, 4 air cushions all within a giant plastic envelope.

But they ship a 600 dollar module raw dog with nothing more than a strip of tape and a shipping label. Wtf
View attachment 363097

Anyhoo. On the flip side. Pretty incredible that you can order something at night and it arrive the very next day.
Switch Pros and A-pillar light mounts arrived. KC lights should show up within a couple days.
That sucks, and your right it's pretty rediculous how some things show up. Wife once order some cleaning supplies and some random hobo looking dude dropped them off in a taped up plastic grocery bag the day after. But hey that's fast shipping at least

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Amazon and Switch Pros too.

You order a tube of toothpaste and it arrives with no less than two boxes, 4 air cushions all within a giant plastic envelope.

But they ship a 600 dollar module raw dog with nothing more than a strip of tape and a shipping label. Wtf
View attachment 363097

LOL - you know, I'm only laughing because you nailed it with the toothpaste packing comment vs how an expensive electronic product comes. So ridiculous.

Did you go combo or full spot?
combo.

In a way, it doesn't really matter being that you can change out the lens to make it one or the other with ease :)

👍
Yep. It’s great that they are easily customizable. I may swap them for amber lenses.

I haven’t opened them up yet to look at yet. But, was it easy to figure out which wire the backlight is? I’m on the fence if I use a independent button on the switch pros for just the backlight or pair it with the rock lights and just never really use that feature.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
combo.

👍
Yep. It’s great that they are easily customizable. I may swap them for amber lenses.

I haven’t opened them up yet to look at yet. But, was it easy to figure out which wire the backlight is? I’m on the fence if I use a independent button on the switch pros for just the backlight or pair it with the rock lights and just never really use that feature.
Oh yeah, super easy to figure out. The WHITE wires control the amber back glow and the RED wires control the main lights. The BLACK wires go to ground.

WJCO

Meme King
Im on the fence if I use a independent button on the switch pros for just the backlight or pair it with the rock lights and just never really use that feature.
I plan on skipping the backlight feature. I'll likely tie the wires up somewhere and hide them. I just don't see using that feature often and don't want to take up a switch. I thought about tying it into the OEM parking lights, but I can't remember the last time in a decade when I used parking lights. And I have a feeling if I did that the KC lights would blink when I used the turn signal.

Top Bottom