HighwayTrout's build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I did this years ago. I added a garage door to this glorified goat pen. Probably would have been easier to bulldoze this thing and start over but where’s the fun in that?
View attachment 361821 .

Anyone want to come over to paint it with me next weekend? lol
Dreading that shit
Awesome!

As far as painting goes, it's the prep work that sucks. You'll want to scrap the old paint of all the flaking shit. Otherwise, rent a paint gun. It'll make the job go by fast :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These things look good with no bumper. Minus all the FAD and disco motor crap hanging everywhere it wouldn’t bother me to run it like this.
Just throw a winch plate and winch on there and call it a day (y)

20190320190900-d50a006b-me.jpg

So this thing fought me the ENTIRE time. Nothing wanted to line up. Getting three different brackets plus winch and bumper to suspend perfectly. Then trying to get a nut to start only to the drop the fucker. 😫 repeat that no less than a hundred times. Curse at the rope for being a bitch to get seated into the drum. Chuck a wrench after you smash your finger. Spool, unwind, respool. Button it up then realize you sandwiched the fog light harness plug behind a bracket. Take it halfway apart and repeat all the above.
All in all. It was a standard Sunday. 🤣

Anyone have a clue as to where all these go?
A7C14CD3-4764-413B-8948-DAF6FA2B7022.jpeg .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So this thing fought me the ENTIRE time. Nothing wanted to line up. Getting three different brackets plus winch and bumper to suspend perfectly. Then trying to get a nut to start only to the drop the fucker. 😫 repeat that no less than a hundred times. Curse at the rope for being a bitch to get seated into the drum. Chuck a wrench after you smash your finger. Spool, unwind, respool. Button it up then realize you sandwiched the fog light harness plug behind a bracket. Take it halfway apart and repeat all the above.
All in all. It was a standard Sunday. 🤣

Anyone have a clue as to where all these go?
View attachment 361880 .
:ROFLMAO:

So, I think that extra hardware is for people who don't have the Rubicon steel bumper. It's to secure the braces onto the tusks.

:ROFLMAO:

So, I think that extra hardware is for people who don't have the Rubicon steel bumper. It's to secure the braces onto the tusks.

I was hoping and figured that is the case. There is no where for the hardware to go. Makes you scratch your head though when all is done and you see a pile left over. 🤣

Top Bottom